Is Kolarov the weak link?

ban-mcfc said:
Going to get slated by the morons who think we cant have an opinion on here but i dont care....

He wouldnt be anywhere near first choice left back for me, hes utter shit at defending like Really bad, i played left back for a few years, yes it was a shit standard but i know whats required and hes very poor.

He'd only get a game in midfield in the league cup early fixtures as a crosser but he'd need someone behind him at left back to cover. Or maybe throw him on if we're losing and he mighr pull something out the bag like a good freekick.

But id sell him in january if anyone wants him.
Thing is nobody wants him

kippaxchris said:
No not really considering he isn't a first 11 starter when Clichy isn't on leave! Yesterdays goal came around coz Silva lost possession and Zabaleta was too far forward!
Clichy wasn't on leave yesterday though was he? Thought he was on the bench.

I'm sorry but Kolarov is just wank. Crossing wise he is good but never excellent. If his crossing is poor he's useless. The biggest part of why i cant stand kolarov is that he's just not quick enough. Pure and simple. I have no time for slow full backs or (slow players in general). Full back is a position where pace is vital. Clichy has it in abundance and this makes him x10 the player. In all honestly when Clichy bombs forward he's awesome, miles more of a threat than Kolarov. Kolarov can put in a good cross every now and again but "every now and again really isnt good enough at this level."

I cant remember seeing Kolarov have a blinder where his all round game has been solid. Clichy on the other hand was one of our players of the season last year, good crosser, rarely gives away possession, always looks to go forward and has the pace to beat a man one on one. The only bad game i remember him having was Chelsea away and that's it. Kolarov on the other hand......lost count of how many bad games he's had.

Seriously i feel worried when anyone remotely fast comes up against this guy. Why mancini persists with him i dont know. If he got his positioning sorted out he'd be a hell of a lot better but unlike Zaba who's positioning has sky rocketed since he arrived here...Kolarov hasn't learned at all. Yes zaba isnt the quickest full back either but he works a lot harder to get back in position than Kolarov and IMO accelerates quicker than Kolarov despite the both of them having similar top end speed: a crucial yet subtle factor in this debate and is one of the reasons why zaba doesn't get beat one on one often. Kolarov would gain a lot if he studied zaba and how he has become one of the best full backs in the league. Clichy everytime for me. In all honesty I want city to hunt for a better back up for Clichy, that's how strongly i feel about this....Also lastly, Kolarov didnt get a sniff during the end of season title run....and we won all those last 6 games. Coincidence? Don't think so.

Sam Faecalmatterface said:
kippaxchris said:
No not really considering he isn't a first 11 starter when Clichy isn't on leave! Yesterdays goal came around coz Silva lost possession and Zabaleta was too far forward!

Yh he was on the bench but hes been on leave so thats probably why as he missed last game or maybe its just coz it was only qpr

danburge82 said:
bowdonblue said:
I think so.

He didn't pick up his man for both the Liverpool goals, and same against for the QPR goal yesterday.

He loses concentration too easily.
Zabaleta took Kolarov out for Liverpool's first and their second was a free kick.

There were about three other players at fault for QPR's goal too.
But the other players are not on the list of official scapegoats so it doesn't count.

Thing is with Kolarov, he was bought for something like 18m. You don't pay that amount of money for a back up left-back (He must be on decent wages as well). He was expected to be the 1st choice left-back for years. Mancini realised he wasn't reliable. Brought Clichy for a bargain sum. Who is much better. If City are serious about cutting the wage bill and meeting the FFP rules, Kolarov must be sold because his contribution isn't anywhere near his cost. A promising understudy to Clichy would be ideal. Would be much cheaper in wages and fee, and would probably do a similiar job if not better.

route46 said:
the reason kolarov struggles to get back is that he gets further forward then clichy and more often.
kolarov v crap at home
clichy the remaining times
Richards (when fit) also struggles like hell to get back after a forward foray and relies heavily on Vinny or Barry to save the day but not much said there.
It just boils down to lazy perception

Yaya was lazy, fat and unfit until he scored big goals for us

Lescott was poor until Mancini and his negative Italian defensive efficiency arrived.

Dzeko is very poor and can't trap a bag of cement but manages to fluke a superb scoring record.

Balotelli is lazy, a diver, a liability and a waste of a shirt despite the crucial goals, wonderful flicks and free kicks in dangerous areas he wins. Sell him to the first club that offers 15m.

Mancini out.

kippaxchris said:
Sam Faecalmatterface said:
kippaxchris said:

Yh he was on the bench but hes been on leave so thats probably why as he missed last game or maybe its just coz it was only qpr

That was my feeling. Try and give Kolorov the "easy" games so Clichy doesn't get worn out with CL and League games. It keeps Kolorov happy as well. He was complaining about lack of playing time in the off season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.