Is left back really a problem?

When I watched the youth team towards end of last season a left back called Juan Larios stood out to me he looked class for a young lad .. anyone who has seen more of him than I have do you think he will get some minutes in the cup etc or is he miles off in his development ?

And for what it’s worth I honestly think we are stronger for not having mendy around an absolute car crash of a player who was targeted at every opportunity
Pretty good player, but physically I think it will take a couple of seasons to be around the first team

When I watched the youth team towards end of last season a left back called Juan Larios stood out to me he looked class for a young lad .. anyone who has seen more of him than I have do you think he will get some minutes in the cup etc or is he miles off in his development ?

And for what it’s worth I honestly think we are stronger for not having mendy around an absolute car crash of a player who was targeted at every opportunity
Good shout on Larios. Can cross, has pace, and seems comfortable playing that inverted fullback role. Has the energy to go up and down the wing as

There’s also another lad, Wilson-Esbrand. He was out with an injury last season. Might have hampered his development somewhat but he’s strong, quick and looks solid at LB. He played against Leipzig youth team and had a decent game.

It’ll be nice to have a fullback come through the academy as City have had some talented ones over the years.

Sorry but this needs a big investment next summer if not January
Spot-on. Last night showed again our weakness down the left side. The combination of Ake and Zinchenko is not good enough. I do like Zinchenko but he is much better when he comes inside into midfield and is not a natural defender.

Spot-on. Last night showed again our weakness down the left side. The combination of Ake and Zinchenko is not good enough. I do like Zinchenko but he is much better when he comes inside into midfield and is not a natural defender.

Hernandez or Gosens would be good choices?

CFG has been heavily scouting Valentin Barco, 17 years old, LB from Boca Juniors. Obviously he's one for the future but has been really impressive for their first team in Argentina so far. Random nugget.

CFG has been heavily scouting Valentin Barco, 17 years old, LB from Boca Juniors. Obviously he's one for the future but has been really impressive for their first team in Argentina so far. Random nugget.
And that is the problem, must be 50 young players we have bought in the last 5 years and hardly 1 ready for the first team squad, CFG have created a huge gap between youth and the first team squad.

City are doing the 'how long can we go without buying' thing in a few positions, left back being the most absurd example. Problem with that is at some point you end up desperate and you cant get a good deal, which city also want desperately.

And that is the problem, must be 50 young players we have bought in the last 5 years and hardly 1 ready for the first team squad, CFG have created a huge gap between youth and the first team squad.
Those same 50 players have turned into about 250m that we have used to win 3 prems, 1 fa cup and plenty of carbao cups though.

Tbf, you could also argue that it is through the CFG we have secured players like Zinchenko and Steffen etc who have been solid players for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.