Is left back really a problem?

I would have thought we would be linked to Lucas Digne. He's a decent young left back and was on loan from PSG to Roma last year. Roma and PSG have not yet agreed terms to make it permanent so he is as available as it gets.

Dest, Digne or Balde .... the latter being raw but could be moulded into a good player.

On the bright side - it looks very much as if Mendy will never, ever feature for City again.
===
On the other hand... our remaining left back options by-in-large are unable to perform the most important duty of a left back - stop crosses from coming into the box.

Those same 50 players have turned into about 250m that we have used to win 3 prems, 1 fa cup and plenty of carbao cups though.

Tbf, you could also argue that it is through the CFG we have secured players like Zinchenko and Steffen etc who have been solid players for us.
With that logic buying Angelino was a fantastic success, it is understandable that we sign young players who do not make the grade, thus we sell on for a profit as they improve whilst here, but occasionally i would like to see us buy a young player a lot closer to the first team squad, Maybe the new Brazilian winger is the start.

City are doing the 'how long can we go without buying' thing in a few positions, left back being the most absurd example. Problem with that is at some point you end up desperate and you cant get a good deal, which city also want desperately.
Painful but true, we’ll flog the dead horse for as long as we see fit I’d wager

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.