Is Manchester a tough place to live in?

Manchester would be a medium/small town without it's damp weather. Cotton fibre could be manipulated much better than where it was grown in a dry climate. The cotton mills needed heavy machinery, which spawned the steel mills which fed the heavy engineering industry. The dye industry grew to feed the textile mills. These were the core drivers of Manchester's growth, with the associated peripherals like finance, transport hospitals etc. All down to a damp climate. Living in a mediterranean climate, the difference can be a bit hard to deal with for some, wives/g.friends in particular.
So being paid a “King’s Ransom” to live here is not good enough for some of these pampered super-stars?

Great place to live. The Lakes to the North, Cheshire to the West, Pennines to the East and the Peak District to the South.

You would have to be a right miserable fucker to not enjoy this brilliant City.

this this and this.

Great place to live. The Lakes to the North, Cheshire to the West, Pennines to the East and the Peak District to the South.

You would have to be a right miserable fucker to not enjoy this brilliant City.

So all the great things aren't actually in Manchester at all but outside it?

So being paid a “King’s Ransom” to live here is not good enough for some of these pampered super-stars?

It's clear that you love Manchester but there are many that won't feel the same (as you can see from many earlier posts). Players can probably get paid equally well to play for a club in a place they find more appealing. Quality of life is very important and if they're not happy in a place, I wouldn't blame a player for wanting to move on.

Fair fucks to Sergio, he nailed it when he said “You are here to train and to play, not to sunbathe”
These largely uneducated lads will retire as multi millionaires in their early to mid 30s. As in life in general, the smarter ones will be those willing to defer their gratification as opposed to those who want the Moon on a stick

Come on you all know what I was getting at. Manchester for shopping, restaurants and entertainment and plenty of leisure and outdoor activities on the door step.
I know but the truth is manchester isn’t for everyone. Where I live isn’t for everyone either. It’s not a big deal, it’s not a case of somewhere being better than somewhere else because we all have our own reasons as to why we settle in a certain place.

Come on you all know what I was getting at. Manchester for shopping, restaurants and entertainment and plenty of leisure and outdoor activities on the door step.

I know. I missed the winking smiley thing off my post ;-)

Anyway, good for you if you enjoy it so much. It wouldn't be on my list of places to live these days but each to his own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.