Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Just at T2.

From taxi drop off to bar including dropping a case off (jet2)

8 mins!

Can’t grumble, especially as my missus and daughter went this morning so I’m on my Own!

ive just got back from working on heathrow ramp for the week , im going back on monday, now i know all this talk is from the passenger side of things, but let me tell you heathrow is fucking brutal, its a fucking big shithole on the ramp as well, and the staff levels are dreadful, you have people from different airlines stopping ramp workers trying to gt them to swap companies, i can see a huge pay increase across all airport jobs to make it more attractive , here's hoping :), anyway ,time for a proper brew , with proper water :)

If anyone watched the Channel 4 Dispatches programme last Monday evening, about Mcr and the undercover baggage handler, please don't let this 45 minutes of utter twaddle sway your opinion. Truly awful and false information

ive just got back from working on heathrow ramp for the week , im going back on monday, now i know all this talk is from the passenger side of things, but let me tell you heathrow is fucking brutal, its a fucking big shithole on the ramp as well, and the staff levels are dreadful, you have people from different airlines stopping ramp workers trying to gt them to swap companies, i can see a huge pay increase across all airport jobs to make it more attractive , here's hoping :), anyway ,time for a proper brew , with proper water :)

Water! Remember when I was at uni I used to spend holidays in Manchester and my skin used to clear up within a couple of days. Manchester water's exceptionally good. As soon as a I got down to London my skin would erupt all over the place.

Last time I flew into the airport (Villa game) it wasn't all that bad. About half-an-hour from touchdown through to exit and to the station. Mind you, that was flying in, not out.
Has the situation improved somewhat? Flying in next week for the Palace game. And out on Sunday evening.
P.S. Flying Easyjet, i.e. T1.

I'm going next weekend to Orlando, flying with TUI from T2. I have 2 disabled kids so I had settled my mind a bit by reading that i could do a bag drop-off the day before so that would be one less thing to worry about. Unfortunately i have just read that if you are travelling to USA, you can't do this due to some extra passport checks that U.S demands. Fucking great. I'm dreading having to wait in a huge queue to the check-in desk, apparently you can't even check in the day before so i'm expecting it to be heaving. Anyone know if there is any way to expedite this procedure if you have kids with needs? I know TUI have a welfare line but i'm assuming they can't do anything until you actually check-in and wait for a wheelchair etc?

Returned from greece last week to t2 with TUI
An hour delay in greece because the plane coming out had no one to load food/drinks.

3 hour wait in manc t2 for luggage

Last time I flew into the airport (Villa game) it wasn't all that bad. About half-an-hour from touchdown through to exit and to the station. Mind you, that was flying in, not out.
Has the situation improved somewhat? Flying in next week for the Palace game. And out on Sunday evening.
P.S. Flying Easyjet, i.e. T1.
No problem for us last week - in and out of T1 EasyJet to and from Paris CDG.

We had hand luggage only, no way I’d risk hold luggage at the moment.

Flying with TUI next week for 10 days in Spain - and it will be hand luggage only again. It’s the only way to be sure.

A couple of weeks ago with TUI through Terminal 2, flights a few minutes late both ways, not too bad. But comng back waited 15 minutes for the airbridge and then over an hour for the baggage. Think there's still a problem with the ground staff (Swissport?). Maybe I was just unlucky. The security bit was fine. Flying at crack of dawn going out, not organised for restaurants. Tell us to get there 3 hours early and not much open.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.