Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Cheers mate! Looking at the weather reports, seems like we're gonna be in for a bit of thunder and rain...all at 30 odd degrees!
Yes it happened pretty much every day usually somewhere between 1-3pm for us - it's not normally an issue as you can duck into a restaurant or gift shop, most of the time it stops after 15-30 minutes. It is a bit of a relief most of the time! My advice is try to do the Disney parks later on if you can (we stayed in a villa 40 mins away so couldn't go early and come back later to avoid the worst of the heat), the fast pass is $15 per person per day and you can buy it in the morning and start to 'stack' your rides using the app for afternoon / evening. You can book one every 2 hrs so one at 7am, & every 2 hours after the park opens, If you get it right you can stack one every 30-60 minutes from when you arrive in the afternoon. If you have any questions feel free to Pm me. You must do Guardians of the galaxy at epcot if you are into rides, its phenomenal - although you'll need to get on to a virtual queue at bang on 7am on the app (you don't have to pay, or if you choose to pay its about $12 one off fee as it's not included in the daily fast pass).

We're flying to Spain with TUI from T2 on Saturday morning as well.

Checked in online this morning - a relief that we could do that because we' are only taking carry-on cases so can head straight to the security queue.

I realise that wouldn't be an option in your situation, so best of luck to you getting the assistance that you need and have a great time in Orlando.
Cheers Rob, hope you enjoy your holiday mate.

Yes it happened pretty much every day usually somewhere between 1-3pm for us - it's not normally an issue as you can duck into a restaurant or gift shop, most of the time it stops after 15-30 minutes. It is a bit of a relief most of the time! My advice is try to do the Disney parks later on if you can (we stayed in a villa 40 mins away so couldn't go early and come back later to avoid the worst of the heat), the fast pass is $15 per person per day and you can buy it in the morning and start to 'stack' your rides using the app for afternoon / evening. You can book one every 2 hrs so one at 7am, & every 2 hours after the park opens, If you get it right you can stack one every 30-60 minutes from when you arrive in the afternoon. If you have any questions feel free to Pm me. You must do Guardians of the galaxy at epcot if you are into rides, its phenomenal - although you'll need to get on to a virtual queue at bang on 7am on the app (you don't have to pay, or if you choose to pay its about $12 one off fee as it's not included in the daily fast pass).
Cheers Lee, sound top. Someone posted a picture from Orlando on one of the Facebook groups my missus is on, a lighting strike on one of the towers they managed to get a snap of!
We are staying near Lake Buena Vista at one of the resort hotels there so we get a shuttle service i believe. The most annoying thing about that is, we are there for 2 weeks to not planning on using it all up on Disney and Universal and wanted to drive to some of the places nearby such as the space centre. The hotel charges like 30 dollars per day for parking, even more if you get them to park it for you - Americans are so strange. So hire car might be out as well.
I had a quick look online and i think we can get some kind of disability passes to help us with avoiding queues, as i understand it they put you in a queue and you can comeback at your time rather than having to wait - my daughter is autistic and would never be able to wait that long.

Cheers Lee, sound top. Someone posted a picture from Orlando on one of the Facebook groups my missus is on, a lighting strike on one of the towers they managed to get a snap of!
We are staying near Lake Buena Vista at one of the resort hotels there so we get a shuttle service i believe. The most annoying thing about that is, we are there for 2 weeks to not planning on using it all up on Disney and Universal and wanted to drive to some of the places nearby such as the space centre. The hotel charges like 30 dollars per day for parking, even more if you get them to park it for you - Americans are so strange. So hire car might be out as well.
I had a quick look online and i think we can get some kind of disability passes to help us with avoiding queues, as i understand it they put you in a queue and you can comeback at your time rather than having to wait - my daughter is autistic and would never be able to wait that long.
We always stay at the resort hotels at WDW.

It means cutting out Universal because the cost to visit off-site is so expensive for 1 or 2 days. But there's so much to do at WDW we never need to leave! (which is, I guess, how Disney likes it). Plus, I can't be bothered with a hire car or driving over there - makes for a more relaxing hliday.

The transportation system at WDW is absolutely first class - the buses and boats are fantastic.

Which hotel are you staying at?

How was security at both ends going out (assuming you flew from Dublin)?

Flew Shannon so no issue, it's much closer for me being based in South Galway (almost North Clare) - 45 mins down the M18. Never any issue at Shannon and I was there 2 and a half hours early at Manchester, there wasn't a lot of staff on but the queue wasn't big so it all seemed OK to me but can see how it may be a problem with a bigger queue. Arrive with good time would just be my advice.

We always stay at the resort hotels at WDW.

It means cutting out Universal because the cost to visit off-site is so expensive for 1 or 2 days. But there's so much to do at WDW we never need to leave! (which is, I guess, how Disney likes it). Plus, I can't be bothered with a hire car or driving over there - makes for a more relaxing hliday.

The transportation system at WDW is absolutely first class - the buses and boats are fantastic.

Which hotel are you staying at?
It's called Caribe Royale, don't really know much about it but they've just had a refurb so it looks nice at least! Not sure if it will work, but will try and get an upgrade if there is one as its my daughters birthday while we're there.

Flew Shannon so no issue, it's much closer for me being based in South Galway (almost North Clare) - 45 mins down the M18. Never any issue at Shannon and I was there 2 and a half hours early at Manchester, there wasn't a lot of staff on but the queue wasn't big so it all seemed OK to me but can see how it may be a problem with a bigger queue. Arrive with good time would just be my advice.
Cheers. Always assumed you were based in Dublin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.