Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

A couple of weeks ago with TUI through Terminal 2, flights a few minutes late both ways, not too bad. But comng back waited 15 minutes for the airbridge and then over an hour for the baggage. Think there's still a problem with the ground staff (Swissport?). Maybe I was just unlucky. The security bit was fine. Flying at crack of dawn going out, not organised for restaurants. Tell us to get there 3 hours early and not much open.
the problems on the ramp are usually swissport, they are the biggest handling company at the airport(airline wise) and woefully understaffed , the rest are pretty decent, there are quite a few staff shortages at every company but the other handling companies seem to be able to cope, swissport is pretty fucked, and needs help , i've said it before , the lads/girls are working their balls off , this is down to staffing levels and imo bad management .

What's the situation at the airport these days re delays at security , specifically T3 (Ryanair)? Looking at maybe getting over for the Saints game in early oct. Flying in isn't the issue, it'd be the return leg of the trip.

Flew with Aer lingus on friday 29th July (T2). Arrived about 7am & expected the worst, although busy it was no worse than at any other time I’ve flew. I noticed some staff were in training on the first gate & at security so they should be getting up to speed.

Flew with Aer lingus on friday 29th July (T2). Arrived about 7am & expected the worst, although busy it was no worse than at any other time I’ve flew. I noticed some staff were in training on the first gate & at security so they should be getting up to speed.
Good to hear. We fly on Saturday to Orlando from T2 with TUI. I have 2 kids with disabilities so already dreading the worst, but hopefully the accessibility guys can help us through some of the queues.

Good to hear. We fly on Saturday to Orlando from T2 with TUI. I have 2 kids with disabilities so already dreading the worst, but hopefully the accessibility guys can help us through some of the queues.
Hope it goes well for you, we flew to Orlando international. I think we arrived at Manchester T2 3.5hrs before the flight and had plenty of time, despite the queues appearing lengthy. It all moved pretty smoothly. We were pretty much at the back of the Aer lingus check in too.

Hope it goes well for you, we flew to Orlando international. I think we arrived at Manchester T2 3.5hrs before the flight and had plenty of time, despite the queues appearing lengthy. It all moved pretty smoothly. We were pretty much at the back of the Aer lingus check in too.
Cheers mate! Looking at the weather reports, seems like we're gonna be in for a bit of thunder and rain...all at 30 odd degrees!

We're flying to Spain with TUI from T2 on Saturday morning as well.

Checked in online this morning - a relief that we could do that because we' are only taking carry-on cases so can head straight to the security queue.

I realise that wouldn't be an option in your situation, so best of luck to you getting the assistance that you need and have a great time in Orlando.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.