Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Went there at 3.30 this morning to pick up some friends. What a nightmare. There was a traffic jam to get into the arrivals car park. Talk about unorganised chaos doesn't begin to cover it. Spent nearly an hour getting in there picking them up then queuing again to get back out. Will not be doing that again anytime soon.
used to pick up years back in the early hours and wait on the airport hotel car park,then when the phone call came picked up at T1 Departures or the petrol station

Can anyone help, I feel like I’m being a complete idiot even asking this. I need to park at Manchester airport from 4pm tomorrow until the early hours of Sunday morning. I’ve been on the website and all the parking companies, and there is zero availability. Now I find this rather hard to believe that an international airport, at the arse end of September doesn’t have any parking! I can’t get dropped off, taxi isn’t really an option either, what other options do I have?
Taxi to train station, then train to the airport.

used to pick up years back in the early hours and wait on the airport hotel car park,then when the phone call came picked up at T1 Departures or the petrol station
Same here, arrivals was to be avoided, those hectors were bastards, they knew we were just doing a job and wanted to get moving as soon as possible but they wouldn't give you 2 minutes to find your punter. Like you I used to wait at either the Airport Hotel or over near Etrop Grange and collect from the petrol station.

These days I struggle to keep my bearings when I use the airport, everywhere looks the same and all I'm interested in is getting on and off that fucking plane and enjoying some sun on my shoulders. I much preferred it when it was Ringway, if you wanted to see someone off, which a lot of people did back then, you could just rock up, walk straight in from the covered carpark, through the swanky space age automatic doors, down the ramp, under the dust covered chandeliers and you got to the viewing/waiting area with a panoramic view of the airfield from behind the glass, a few rows of comfy chairs to slouch in. Mind you there was probably no more than a couple of dozen flights a day, if that. I've no idea how many flights there are these days but judging by the traffic that passes over us on their approach it's a lot.
.1663885421176.jpeg

Same here, arrivals was to be avoided, those hectors were bastards, they knew we were just doing a job and wanted to get moving as soon as possible but they wouldn't give you 2 minutes to find your punter. Like you I used to wait at either the Airport Hotel or over near Etrop Grange and collect from the petrol station.

These days I struggle to keep my bearings when I use the airport, everywhere looks the same and all I'm interested in is getting on and off that fucking plane and enjoying some sun on my shoulders. I much preferred it when it was Ringway, if you wanted to see someone off, which a lot of people did back then, you could just rock up, walk straight in from the covered carpark, through the swanky space age automatic doors, down the ramp, under the dust covered chandeliers and you got to the viewing/waiting area with a panoramic view of the airfield from behind the glass, a few rows of comfy chairs to slouch in. Mind you there was probably no more than a couple of dozen flights a day, if that. I've no idea how many flights there are these days but judging by the traffic that passes over us on their approach it's a lot.
.View attachment 56418
My Grandad installed those
Chandeliers.

Went there at 3.30 this morning to pick up some friends. What a nightmare. There was a traffic jam to get into the arrivals car park. Talk about unorganised chaos doesn't begin to cover it. Spent nearly an hour getting in there picking them up then queuing again to get back out. Will not be doing that again anytime soon.
Must be very, very good friends..

I'll be in Rome next April and was considering a trip over to the UK (M/CR). This thread has put me right off doing that :)
And I'm not flying into fucking London, those airports do my head in.

Apparently it’s just fine after 10am bit still absolute chaos for the 6.30am to 9am flights, all to do with security staff
They offered every bouncer and supermarket security dickhead in Manchester double their money, as long as they had an SIA badge, to help cut down queues and training time
Sadly many of these rubes and gimps have been found wanting and unfit for purpose, which tbh says a lot about the value of an SIA badge
Knock on effect on the likes of Showsec, City and united have found it really hard to get stewards this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.