Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Still a few days before we go via T2 but already the shenanigans have begun.

Not exactly the airport's fault, but certainly contributing to the experience, our operator decided to place our 2 year old in her own seat in row 2 of the aircraft, 4 rows away from me, and my 7 year old at the back of the plane on her own around 26 rows away. Child safety obviously not something they're big on.

All because we wouldn't pre book our seats. Well, they either change it in accordance with CAA guidelines or the screaming of our two girls will bring the flight down by itself.

So we'll be arriving at the airport in the early hours and have to hope for an understanding check in operator with some common sense before we even get to the power hungry security staff.

I swear, unless my expectations are proven misplaced then it's the last time I bother.

@bluetonium I'm 99% certain that you will be able to come to a private arrangement before take-off with anyone who is sitting in those rows (that of course changes nothing about the airline's behaviour — it's crass). No offence, but I myself would not particularly want to be sat next to a two-year-old for an entire flight unless it was my own two-year-old. I'd change like a shot.

@bluetonium I'm 99% certain that you will be able to come to a private arrangement before take-off with anyone who is sitting in those rows (that of course changes nothing about the airline's behaviour — it's crass). No offence, but I myself would not particularly want to be sat next to a two-year-old for an entire flight unless it was my own two-year-old. I'd change like a shot.
Cheers, and absolutely no offence taken - kids are very much like farts, you can only stand your own :)

T2 is for the low-costs, isn't it (I should know this, I go through it often enough)? I mean, the low-costs and only them? Anybody else — like myself — get the distinct impression that any airport in Europe that has constructed a terminal specifically for those airlines, you get treated like shit? i.e. like a low-cost and therefore low importance.

Not to my recollection. T2 has TUI, Virgin, Singapore, Hainan, Cathay Specific, Qatar and some other Middle Easterns, as well as a few Jet2 flights (and they try their best).

T3 has Ryanmare and FlyMaybe which more than trumps anything else in that airport imo.

Well my experience today's wasn't as bad as feared. No queue at security and bag drop queue was not as bad as it looked.

But I suspect both of these were because every single person who arrives at T2 now is dropped of at arrivals, and had to take one or only two lifts up to departures. No luggage or prams allowed on the escalators, so pretty much every single person going via T2 has to queue for a lift just to get to departures. Manic.

There were people cutting in, mass confusion, a poor old cleaner trying to help supervise at the lifts until she was told to get back to her job by other staff, and nearly a few fists thrown.

But once you get past that it was fine. Oh and they did swap the seats without issue, and the guy checking us in pretty much admitted they do it on purpose to see who will break and pay for the seats before they arrive.

Fucking 1 hour 10 mins for passport control in Rhodes, one guy not pissed passed out near us.

The Germans who now own the airport due to debts were referbing it in October when we were over but apparently due to a shit winter haven't finished, but 3 guys on with a big fuck off queue isn't good.

Fairs fair, flew out of T1 two weeks ago - no queues through security at tea time on a Thursday. Flew back into T3 late on Monday and no queues at passport control.

Parking was the only ball ache. Ended up in T2 West due to high costs at T1 & T3, and it was a 20ish minute walk from there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.