Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Ok, first of all it is PrestWICK. It's near Troon on the west coast of Scotland. It has an airport which is little used apart from a few military, cargo and Ryanair selling it as Glasgow! However, the airport has nothing to do with ATC over the Atlantic. That role is carried out from the Scottish Air Traffic Control Centre (ScATCC) which is located just outside the airport boundary and is a completely different entity.

The Atlantic control function is carried out jointly by ScATCC, Reykjavik, Santa Maria, Gander and New York depending on the tracks that the aircraft are flying. These change on a daily basis to take advantage of tailwinds. Up until last year, the tracks were fairly rigid, but satellite tracking of aircraft now allows reduced separation and hence more efficient use of the airspace. Look up ADSB and you'll see how it works.
Thanks for showing up my total ignorance!! I'll try to get it right next time.

people wont surge, they would be stupid,they aren't going to get on the aircraft quicker , and if they did steam through security they would be met with armed police,arrested and spend some time in the nick.

i can see people getting violent,frustrated and possibly very ill because of the frustration
When people push and shove like this, I always shout:
"You wont get there any quicker, you know" Not popular!

I've flew out of Manchester a few times this year and it got me thinking, it generally has to be one of the most poorly run airports in Europe (out of all that are a decent size)

I've been to a good few shockers in my time but Manchester seems so dour, desperately in need of a refurb and some of the most rude security staff I've had the displeasure to meet.
Manchester the worst Alicante the best

Manchester is the worst in the world and I've flown from a lot of airports - it is shockingly bad on all levels. For me Zurich airport is the best by far.

I flew to Eindhoven yesterday.. 1hr 10min to get through security which not too bad compared to some others. But then a 2 hour delay while they had to get someone to bring the bags to the plane, and then someone else to put the bags on the plane.. Absolute joke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.