Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Manchester Airport just isn't designed for the amount of flights and people that run from there. Surly as fuck staff on the outbound security and inbound passport control. Every time I go I see staff being inexplicably rude to foreign passengers, makes me feel embarrassed to be from the same place as them at times.

I just get there really early now, as you know the staff in security will try and make it as disruptive as possible for you to get through to the departure lounges. There's a real 'I have the power to stop you going on holiday' vibe about the place, it's horrific.

Manchester Airport just isn't designed for the amount of flights and people that run from there. Surly as fuck staff on the outbound security and inbound passport control. Every time I go I see staff being inexplicably rude to foreign passengers, makes me feel embarrassed to be from the same place as them at times.

I just get there really early now, as you know the staff in security will try and make it as disruptive as possible for you to get through to the departure lounges. There's a real 'I have the power to stop you going on holiday' vibe about the place, it's horrific.

I make you right about the security staff, wrong to generalise but it's the bad ones who get noticed, I'm sure plenty of them are ok people. The worst one I saw was dealing with the queues for the body scanner, shouting at all and sundry to stand within the designated floor markings, proper rude he was. I couldn't help myself and told him there was no need to be like this with everybody, he just challenged me to try doing the job, to which I replied I'm convinced I could do it a whole lot better than him. Discretion got the better of me and I just continued on my way, would've loved to have sought his boss out and had him brought into line but I wanted to be off on my jollies more.

It's just something we tolerate in the main because they do hold all the cards.

I make you right about the security staff, wrong to generalise but it's the bad ones who get noticed, I'm sure plenty of them are ok people. The worst one I saw was dealing with the queues for the body scanner, shouting at all and sundry to stand within the designated floor markings, proper rude he was. I couldn't help myself and told him there was no need to be like this with everybody, he just challenged me to try doing the job, to which I replied I'm convinced I could do it a whole lot better than him. Discretion got the better of me and I just continued on my way, would've loved to have sought his boss out and had him brought into line but I wanted to be off on my jollies more.

It's just something we tolerate in the main because they do hold all the cards.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's a total generalisation from myself but when it's happening every time I go, it's more than just a coincidence.

Flying back from Geneva was a real turn of the tables though, pompous European businessmen trying to overrule the staff and speaking to them like shit at every opportunity. That was a crap experience, as well as the cheapest savoury snack being 9 quid in any of the cafés. They've got their own caviar bars and all the top watch brands have their own shop there. Suppose it comes with the territory.

Cologne Airport was bad in terms of we got fucked around by the staff who directed us to departures, only for them to change the actual terminal the flight was departing from 3 times within the next hour. Me and my Mrs were doing laps of the airport between different terminals, to be told different information.

Berlin Airport is a state, fucking shite if you have kids too.

Are you talking generally about having kids, or just those you take to Berlin? I used to tell mine I would stuff them into a case and they would be in the hold, if they didn’t stop being little cunts. Never worked.

I blame the parents.

Are you talking generally about having kids, or just those you take to Berlin? I used to tell mine I would stuff them into a case and they would be in the hold, if they didn’t stop being little cunts. Never worked.

I blame the parents.
I blame the parents, too.

Berlin Airport is a state, fucking shite if you have kids too.

Which one?
I missed my flight when I went to Tegal but that airport seemed ok and it's been touch and go at Schoenefeld a couple of times so we have always been rushed through(having the child with us also helped) but it does seem a little all over the place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.