Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

I have booked it for T2 on the 27th of this month. Not sure if its open now though.
I believe it is - the new T2 is excellent, I don't know anyone whos had a huge delays in T2 security - the only queueing issues is caused the fact they've split up the drinking/eating areas such that everyone piles up stairs to the first bit and creates huge pointless queues when there is plenty of capacity (and no queues) downstairs after turning right towards the gates (just after the escalators)

Reactions: PPT
I believe it is - the new T2 is excellent, I don't know anyone whos had a huge delays in T2 security - the only queueing issues is caused the fact they've split up the drinking/eating areas such that everyone piles up stairs to the first bit and creates huge pointless queues when there is plenty of capacity (and no queues) downstairs after turning right towards the gates (just after the escalators)
Thanks for the heads up - worth knowing.

Yes. We found out at the gate that the travel agent had assumed my wife's passport was in her married name.

Got through check in, security, right to the gate and they wouldn't let us board until we gave them cash to change the boarding pass to match.

Was the first time we'd been away with a child too, wife and daughter bawling their eyes out as we're told at first it was impossible for us to board the plane.

Still don't know what to make of it now, did we brive someone, were we extorted or is that just the process?
Thank you to you and the earlier poster for the replies
Still haven't had word back from agent so the "new" passenger has just bought their ticket separately. Probably cheaper that way too.
They can sod off, had enough now.

No just my lad. We have been let through fast track before but not this time. I saw others with pushchair in our queue if that helps. Tbh the queue was quite big but moved quickly, probably took half hour to get through

Anyone had any good or bad experiences this week, we are due to fly on Saturday so are curious. Seems to have gone quieter on the news about this but not sure if that's because it's got any better...

Anyone had any good or bad experiences this week, we are due to fly on Saturday so are curious. Seems to have gone quieter on the news about this but not sure if that's because it's got any better...
Stick #manchesterairport in the search box on Twitter - it seems that it's pot luck where some days people breeze through without a problem whereas on others they are queuing all the way along the tunnel between terminals at 3.30 AM.

We have a TUI flight from T2 in a few weeks and we've already made the decision to travel with carry-on items only.
It must be soul-destroying to queue for hours to check your luggage in only to then have to join another 2-hour queue for security.

We thought about using the twilight checkin-in the day before but then there's the under-pressure baggage handlers to consider and the worry that the chance of your luggage turning up in the wrong country must be massively increased under current operating conditions. And the potential two-hour wait to offload them all on return.

Oh for the golden age of travel in 2021 when there weren't as many travellers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.