Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Went through Wednesday the week before and no real queuing problems, just as usual. Whereas the Monday at the same terminal (1) was the day with huge queues out of the door and people missing their flights. Was really worried, but was no problem on the day. Just seems random.

I'm flying from T1 on Thursday at about 1pm or so, but reading this thread it seems like it will be total potluck as to whether it'll be chaotic or not :/

Hand luggage only makes getting through airports so much easier. Nowt worse than waiting by the carousel after a long flight.
Dunno why people need to take so much with them. We've done a fortnight's cruise with hand luggage, haven't checked in bags for 25 years, even with the boys. Just wash your clothes in the sink and hand them out to dry.

I'm flying to Phuket next Wednesday from T2 at 9:40am. Going to get there about 5 :30am. I've been checking MA website and keep seeing waiting times are 5 - 15 mins. Apparently it was carnage again today with many missing flights. 4 hour wait for luggage.

I'm flying to Phuket next Wednesday from T2 at 9:40am. Going to get there about 5 :30am. I've been checking MA website and keep seeing waiting times are 5 - 15 mins. Apparently it was carnage again today with many missing flights. 4 hour wait for luggage.
Yes, I was looking on twitter at #manchesterairport and it was pretty dire.

If you can manage it, carry-on luggage is the way to go.

what's the deal with missing a flight due to massive queues? are airlines showing any leniency with rebooking or is that it? holiday over?

Do Ryanair have the twilight bag drop off at T3 Mcr?
Did a Google search which was inconclusive.
Scratch that,just got through to Ryanair chat(surprisingly quick)and the answer is no.

Last edited:
what's the deal with missing a flight due to massive queues? are airlines showing any leniency with rebooking or is that it? holiday over?
we missed our BA conection heathrow to manchester,they just stuck us on the next one with no extra cost,i think if your off to say Dominican Republic with TUI then its over and you loose the lot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.