Is Mancini a likeable fool, but nothing more?

Mancini's brief is top4 there can be no doubt about that, any Cup win would have been a bonus but not what he was brought in to do.

We have 17 league games to go and our forays into the market over the next couple of days are to strengthen the side for the final push.

Personally I expected us to purchase a couple of players earlier in the window to help with the games against the scum however our inactivity proves more than anything that top4 is the aim.

Bob has had 5/6 weeks to weigh up the squad and will now, hopefully, tweak the squad to ensure he is happy with what he has got for the rest of the season.

Win 10 Draw 4 Lose 3 will give us 72 points and that will get us top4 undoubtedly.

Game on, starting Sunday.

Jnr Kisby said:
Bombo said:
what a well thought out response, you should read the post then make a comment on it, that is the nature of a forum. ie do you think vieria was a wise signing? Do you think Mancini is only here on a trial basis? Do you think he played an overly defensive midfield? Why do you think he hasn't signed anyone yet? Could the owners be witholding transfer funds until the summer? Do you get the message now?
It is easy to call someone a gimp for expressing an opinion. If you disagree with that opinion try a reasoned argument not a childish rant or you may end up looking like a gimp yourself.

It was about as well thought out as the tripe in your opening post.

Exactly!

Bombo said:
Is Mancini a likeable fool and nothing more? We all love the way he wears his city scarf and his stylish Italian threads, but I'm beginning to wonder if he is all show and no substance.
He signs vieria an injured player who has up to now been of no use whatsoever and let's robinho go out on loan. Fair play robinho hasn't done much more than vieria but were people on here not criticising Hughes for not being able to get the best out of him. Well Mancini couldn't either.
People called Hughes for saying obviously too many times in interviews and playing too many defensive midfielders. Well Mancini always says 'it is important' whatever question he is asked and against the rags played zabaletta, de Jong and Barry in midfield, one more DM than Hughes used to pick.
Hughes at least signed some players in January such as bellamy, de Jong and given and all had an impact. Mancini has signed a injured has been, and is trying to loan a right back that can't get in roma's team who are not exactly setting the world on fire at the moment.
It is fair to say he has failed in his only two severe tests up to now against the rags and everton, and we were a bit fortunate at home against the rags though the team showed great commitment.
What I'm saying is I'm not sure about the guy especially as a couple of signings could have made a big difference in the semi final and as such wonder if our owners aren't too sure either hence the lack of transfer activity. Do they not trust him to spend the cash or is he merely a baby sitter for someone else until the summer.

Hi Mark,

It's Vieira not Vieria.

Enjoying your time off?

Let's look at the Manure situation.
Played them 3 times already this season. Won at home -away we came from behind and both times beaten in the last minute of extra time.
I would say that is not something that would have happened in the last several decades. And when you think of the players out and the fact that MU fielded thier best possible side, I would say they have every reason to believe we are shifting the power. We are a new and young team generally, with a manager been here a month.
No reason for any negativity !

Bombo said:
Is Mancini a likeable fool and nothing more? We all love the way he wears his city scarf and his stylish Italian threads, but I'm beginning to wonder if he is all show and no substance.

More fool you then.

Bombo said:
He signs vieria an injured player who has up to now been of no use whatsoever and let's robinho go out on loan. Fair play robinho hasn't done much more than vieria but were people on here not criticising Hughes for not being able to get the best out of him. Well Mancini couldn't either.

Firstly we have no idea if Mancini even has a tranfer kitty so your first point is bollocks. Secondly its Robinho thats engineered this loan move and nothing to do with Mancini. Hes only been in the job 5 minutes and done nothing but praise Robinho since hes been here even when hes been shite.

Bombo said:
People called Hughes for saying obviously too many times in interviews and playing too many defensive midfielders. Well Mancini always says 'it is important' whatever question he is asked and against the rags played zabaletta, de Jong and Barry in midfield, one more DM than Hughes used to pick.

Mancini has been speaking english for 6 months Hughes has been speaking english 40 odd years. As for playing so many DM take into account the state of our defense. We have Miach at RB who is still learning his trade (that comes from the horses mouth), Boyotta is a kid on only his fourth start, Kompany has had hardly anytime to form a partnership with Boyotta, Garrido untill Mancini came along has barley played in 12 months. So we had to field one hell of a shacky defense that need that extra protection.

Bombo said:
Hughes at least signed some players in January such as bellamy, de Jong and given and all had an impact. Mancini has signed a injured has been, and is trying to loan a right back that can't get in roma's team who are not exactly setting the world on fire at the moment.

Again we have no idea if Mancini even has any transfer funds available to him.

Bombo said:
It is fair to say he has failed in his only two severe tests up to now against the rags and everton, and we were a bit fortunate at home against the rags though the team showed great commitment.

Everton played as if it was a derby against Liverpool and as for the swamp not many teams win there including the best in Europe and thats with a full squad. Although personaly i think we were robbed by there fans, with the assault on bellamy being the swing factor in that match as i think we were the better team up untill that point.

Bombo said:
What I'm saying is I'm not sure about the guy especially as a couple of signings could have made a big difference in the semi final and as such wonder if our owners aren't too sure either hence the lack of transfer activity. Do they not trust him to spend the cash or is he merely a baby sitter for someone else until the summer.

We have a great squad as it stands, once everyone is back from injury we should be far far stronger team, maybe thats how the owner are looking at it.

Cant even be arsed reading this bs...im off to start a new thread, is the OP a rag idiot?

Can't believe people are bothering to debate the question. Lets have another one - " Is the earth flat?" I know people are entitled to their opinions but come on .............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.