Is Mancini a likeable fool, but nothing more?

I wrote on here when he was appointed that Mancini doubters would be on here in mid January.

It's late January, so I'm a few days late.

Anyway, it's a sad thread, but it was bound to happen.

Whether Mancini is a footballing genius or not remains to be seen.

However, I'm personally expecting us to finish top 4 and have felt this way since Boxing day. Under Hughes I was hoping for a top 10 finish and nothing else.

He's better than Hughes. Infinitely so.

themightyblues said:
Bombo, all you have done is state your observations and for some on here they take it as a personal attack at the manager. I for one understand what you are saying and don't feel the need to jump down your throat because you voice your honest opinon.
Having said that you are right on most parts about the defensive midfield, just give the man time and I am sure as already stated he will get it right.

Don't think so, he's used what most people would instantly recognise as a deliberately inflammatory thread title to try and gain attention to the fact that he's being 'controversial'. Hardly just stating observations.

I have just got in from a great night at Moho watching Ocean Colour Scene thought I would check what's happening in the blue world .

I don't know if it's the lager or this thread but I have just fallen out of my chair .

I mean...really guy....he wasn't off with the tactics. I mean, he may not have nailed the 100% but the approach was good. We had the better chances and looked fairly comfortable for 50 minutes. Shit hit the fan, and we didn't react well enough...which is sort of expected...we've never been in a match that big with this squad. Who knows, if Richards strike (I think that's who it was, I watched at work and had no volume) early on goes in maybe it's a different story. The lads played well, just lost to a team that played better...end of. So far Mancini has been very good, I'm pleased with the way the team has played...we have an easyish run of games comming up in the league and a favorable draw to get to the quarters of the FA cup and be 90 minutes yet again from Wembley. Let's not forget that inspite of our warranted disappointment.

tbh I don't think hughes should have been sacked. He should have been given till the end of the season at the least. Mancini is new to the PL and hasn't really showed any brilliance in the big matches now I'm not saying sack him because that would be dumb). Its fine winning against lower opposition but these are the games that matter. His real test will come against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and co.

Seriously... some fans should have more patience before calling your manager a fool. You probably did not even know the guy, his play style, his history, and what he accomplished.

Show more respect and support your own MANAGER FFS

mancini out....................

FFS 2 mins away from taking the rags to extra time calm down the glass can be half full you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will admit my choice of words were misguided with the title of the thread. But I get a feeling something strange is occuring with Mancini. It's almost as if he is on trial for his job. That the owners don't trust him and are demanding he proves himself before he is backed in the transfer Market.
I have not called for his head, I have not said he is shit, I have not questioned his record, I have simply stated that I don't think everything is as it seems and am asking is Mancini really our new manager or a front for a bigger future plan. Style over substance ie he fits the bill for now but is he just a good cover story for something else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.