Is Mancini adapting his Inter tactics? [Tactics talk]

the--dud said:
theres only one carlito said:
Best thread I've read for a while and the hypothesis of the OP is exactly the thoughts I have had since Mancini took over. However the one thing I can not fathom is who will he play in goal? Are there any comparisons with Inters' goal keeper under Mancini and our very own Hart/Given?

I think in my opinion that'd be taking it a bit too far. No offense of course but it's not like Mancini is on some manically obsessive mission to exactly replicate the old Inter squad ;)
I think he'll pick whoever he's most impressed with and feels him and the team can depend on. Perhaps he'll leave it until last day of training before the spuds game, or perhaps he's decided 3 months ago... We just don't know do we?
I understand your point dud in the fact that he is not "manically obsessed" with creating the Inter squad. Although I do believe he will adopt a lot of his tactics and formation he used with Inter this is the way he prefers to play and with signings he has made does in some degree replicate the way he built his Inter team. The thing I wanted to know was will he go for the young up and comer or does he prefer to use the more experienced player in his goal. I cant say I watched any of Inter's games so I cant make a comparison just wondered if there would be any clues in it in terms of the goal keeper he predominately used for Inter.

117 M34 said:
Great thread.
The only thing that bothers me about this formation/players is that if the full backs are bombing forward a lot, I don't htink our centre backs are good enough to cover for them.

Anyway, this thread has made me very optimistic about the season and i'm thinking 2nd is deffo on the cards now
De jong and Barry/Milner will cover.
And they will rush forward when we have possesion, and at least 5 behind the ball when the pass comes.

Fuck,when i think about it! its like ART! just beauitful.

Great thread.

As previously stated,i can now fully understand why Bellamy and Ireland may now be deemed surplus to requirements, which makes me sit more comfortably with the idea of selling/loaning Bellers.

It also shows what a great decision it could be to include Robbie in the 25 man squad, in a fully attack minded role, he could shine.

The signings made this window, have now made it possible to play the system discussed which is defensively sound, while at the same time gives potential to create many chances and therefore to score goals.

Buzzing for 12.45 on Saturday now, we're all going to be in for a great season :)

So do you think Mancini will use one of the Europa games in next two weeks as a test run?

Meaning he will play more first teamers than he normally would with a more experienced team. Just to get the players used to their roles and playing together? Of course not running them to death before Liverpool or Sunderland.

okstate99 said:
So do you think Mancini will use one of the Europa games in next two weeks as a test run?

Meaning he will play more first teamers than he normally would with a more experienced team. Just to get the players used to their roles and playing together? Of course not running them to death before Liverpool or Sunderland.
No, I dont think Mancini thinks so! he has told us he will rotate the squad, which means every player at city must know the philosofy and tactics inside out.

So everyone knows exactly how to play when the got the nick! there more players who know this the better for the team

Look at united, plenty of their "less quality" players seems to be awesome when they play because they know the "united game" to the bone.

Barcelona is the perfect example of this..

117 M34 said:
Great thread.
The only thing that bothers me about this formation/players is that if the full backs are bombing forward a lot, I don't htink our centre backs are good enough to cover for them.

Anyway, this thread has made me very optimistic about the season and i'm thinking 2nd is deffo on the cards now

this is where one if not two of the MF drops, Milner, NDJ, Barry, Vieira and Yaya are all very comfortable with, ideally both fullbacks will not attack at the same time, so we will either defend compactly or milner , ndj can sit on for the rb especially, Discipline is key in this formation.

Question is, if its not going well, will we be able to become flexible? the pool of players say yes, but thats easy said the done.

zeven said:
okstate99 said:

No, I dont think Mancini thinks so! he has told us he will rotate the squad, which means every player at city must know the philosofy and tactics inside out.

So everyone knows exactly how to play when the got the nick! there more players who know this the better for the team

Look at united, plenty of their "less quality" players seems to be awesome when they play because they know the "united game" to the bone.

Barcelona is the perfect example of this..

Arsenal also top to bottom they all play the same style.

I think it has been lost in the mire, but I asked before if anyone who has any knowledge of Balotelli knew where he played in this system for Inter under Mancini? Did he play high up through the middle where you would expect Ade will play, or did he play deeper like we expect Silva to?

Shaelumstash said:
I think it has been lost in the mire, but I asked before if anyone who has any knowledge of Balotelli knew where he played in this system for Inter under Mancini? Did he play high up through the middle where you would expect Ade will play, or did he play deeper like we expect Silva to?
left side, wing/striker depends on formation, but he can also play in the center and just behind one striker.

Shaelumstash said:

I think this is why mancio likes Ballo so much, can do all 3. with relative ease.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.