Is Mancini adapting his Inter tactics? [Tactics talk]

Too sloshy tonight to contribute but what a thread.. and it's about football!!!

This needs to be read by all blues (specially all our negative fans) as it is a very calming read for the nerves. It get's much explained that's still in the air and it should be a sticky, atleast til the season starts.

I still think (actually it's fact) that the proven way to win the premier league time after time after time is 4-4-2. Call me old fashioned but I don't buy into these fancy foreign formations.

4-4-2 with players playing in their best positions is the way to win the league.

Best premier league team I have seen:

--------------Seaman---------------
Dixon---Adams---Keown---Winterburn
Parlour--Petit-----Vieira---Overmars
-----------Bergkamp--Anelka--------

The team was just awesome to watch - I hate to say it because I hate Arsenal.

Look at the rags too - I hate to say it but 4-4-2 has brought th all their titles:

It's less about fancy formations and more about playing players in positions they are suited to, and playing with passion as a collective unit.

Johnsonontheleft said:
I still think that the proven way to win the premier league time after time after time is 4-4-2. Call me old fashioned but I don't buy into these fancy foreign formations.

4-4-2 with players playing in their best positions is the way to win the league.

Look at the rags too - I hate to say it but 4-4-2 has brought th all their titles:

It's less about fancy formations and more about playing players in positions they are suited to, and playing with passion as a collective unit.
This thread so far has been slanging match free, but i'm sorry mate, you are absolutely, utterly and completely wrong. United haven't played 4-4-2 for about 4 or 5 years. The last 3 league titles they won was with a 4-3-3. Chelsea have won 3 titles playing 4-3-3. Liverpool have played 4-2-3-1 for about the last 4 years under Benitez, Arsenals formation over the last few years has been the same.

There's not really anything "fancy" about 4-3-3 on the continent, and Premier League sides have began to dominate the latter stages of the Champions league since 4-4-2 became less common. As much as it might hurt you, it's usually the best players with the best manager that win the league and not the most passionate players playing as a unit. Otherwise Stoke and Blackburn would be challenging for the title instead of Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal

Shaelumstash said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
I still think that the proven way to win the premier league time after time after time is 4-4-2. Call me old fashioned but I don't buy into these fancy foreign formations.

This thread so far has been slanging match free, but i'm sorry mate, you are absolutely, utterly and completely wrong. United haven't played 4-4-2 for about 4 or 5 years. The last 3 league titles they won was with a 4-3-3. Chelsea have won 3 titles playing 4-3-3. Liverpool have played 4-2-3-1 for about the last 4 years under Benitez, Arsenals formation over the last few years has been the same.

There's not really anything "fancy" about 4-3-3 on the continent, and Premier League sides have began to dominate the latter stages of the Champions league since 4-4-2 became less common. As much as it might hurt you, it's usually the best players with the best manager that win the league and not the most passionate players playing as a unit. Otherwise Stoke and Blackburn would be challenging for the title instead of Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal

tend to agree, shrek flourished last year playing up top on his own.

I figured this finally after the Valencia game. It's a perfect tactic almost when you have good players. Big strong, athletic full backs, a 3 man midfield and a front 3.

Mourinho plays something similar at Inter. Big, strong and athletic defenders. However he plays with 2 defensively good midfielders to balance playing with Sneijder. He then uses two very hard-working wing-forwards (for want of a better phrase) and he uses a very clinical striker. This is important because chance creation isn't as high as it would be in a more open formation. Milito is probably the best finisher in the world. He's sublime, and the tactic works brilliantly. It'll be interesting to see how he does at Madrid, because Ronaldo will be a wing-forward, but he doesn't have the work-rate of a Pandev or an Eto'o, so it could force Mourinho to look at another system.

Back to Mancini, and City, i'm looking forward to seeing this in action once we have all our players back. Like the OP suggested, getting rid of Bellamy and Ireland makes sense. We should have a cracking season.

Absolutely fantastic thread. Has cleared some things up for me, and upped my already rabid anticipation for Saturday!

At last. Football!

Agree with the OP, spot on about what Mancini had to do last season with what Hughes left him, and what he's obviously aiming at this... We were crying out for more drive from midfield and Yaya and Milner will give us that in abundance. So will Michael Johnson if he ever gets back to full fitness..? We were also crying out for better full backs and look who turned up! -)

Bellers doesn't fit any more as player or personality. Ruthless? Yeah. But he's been getting 80,000 reasons per week to soften the blow.

Adam Johnson will fit into this system as an inside forward from either flank. He's quality so he'll adapt.

The person I see struggling is NDJ because of all the (defensive) midfielders he's the most one dimensional (IMHO). Although he did rattle a few in today during training. -)

But as has been said before, looking at our squad it easily now compares with anyone else's. In fact can anyone say where the weak link is...? Centre half? Even then I reckon we're pretty well off...

Chelsea: Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Mancienne... + kids

Rags: Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Brown... + kids

Arsenal: Vermaelen, Djourou, Koscielny... + kids

City: Kompany, Kolo Toure, Lescott, Richards, Boateng... + Boyata

Have I missed anyone?

Add David Luiz to Chelsea and they're ok, but add him to us and I reckon it's bye bye Joleon and hello... No I just can't say it!

Oh roll on Saturday!

1.618034 said:
At last. Football!

Bellers doesn't fit any more as player or personality. Ruthless? Yeah. But he's been getting 80,000 reasons per week to soften the blow.

Adam Johnson will fit into this system as an inside forward from either flank. He's quality so he'll adapt.

But as has been said before, looking at our squad it easily now compares with anyone else's. In fact can anyone say where the weak link is...? Centre half? Even then I reckon we're pretty well off...

Have I missed anyone?

Add David Luiz to Chelsea and they're ok, but add him to us and I reckon it's bye bye Joleon and hello... No I just can't say it!

Oh roll on Saturday!
Kolorov?

zeven said:
1.618034 said:
At last. Football!

Have I missed anyone?

Oh roll on Saturday!
Kolorov?

Not sure he's a centre half, more a left back/left mid...

?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.