Is Mancini adapting his Inter tactics? [Tactics talk]

Re: Is Mancini adopting his Inter tactics? [Tactics talk]

very nice thread... reminds me of Nik Nikky's threads on triangles that Sven wanted us to play with... very illuminating...

One thing is I think with the squad we have this year we are able to switch tactics during games much easier... with AJ, SWP and Jo on the bench...

I also think AJ is young and even though he mostly plays as winger he has the ability to actually play central AM and as striker in a 433... so he will learn his trade from the best around... Silva and Robinho...

If M Johnson comes back he will slot in perfectly in that midfield too... giving us more options if someone get injuried....

This is a great thread. I expect to see a lot of fluidity in the attacking play this season it might take a handful of games but the quality of the playing staff will make us a force.

gman07 said:
with AJ, SWP and Jo on the bench...

i really dont understand why people want aj on the bench surely he should be in the first team

bluebannana said:
gman07 said:

i really dont understand why people want aj on the bench surely he should be in the first team

I think if you read the rest of the thread it will make more sense. People are not saying AJ shouldn't start because he is a bad player. People are saying there is no natural position for him in the system Mancini is likely to play

Great thread. I've learned a lot from it.

The players that Mancini's bought all have a lot of versatility, so in the event of any injuries, fatigue, or suspensions, players can step in to fill other roles without having to make too many changes to tactics. Boateng for example can play anywhere on the back line. Kolarov could play LM if needed, and so on.

I'm very excited for Saturday.

bluebannana said:
gman07 said:

Why, it depends what kind of formation and tactics Mancini chose for that specifc game.

btw, Adam.J is my favorite player in the team,

I think you're all pretty much on the ball here, a very good thread.

Let me add something from a blog post I wrote in January this year:
<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc-traut.blogspot.com/2010/01/mancinis-tactics-examined.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc-traut.blogspot.com/2010/01/ ... mined.html</a>

5orxxw.jpg

This is pretty much my take on how Mancini has played his teams for the majority of his management career. Inter is the best example of this by far!
I'll start off by showing an likely "ideal" line-up for Inter in the 2007/08 season:

Full backs: Chivu - Maicon
Both are very good defensively, but just as importantly they are excellent at attacking. Much like Chelsea under Ancelotti now. We don't have full backs like this, we've got defensive full backs who's not good enough at attacking and attacking full backs who aren't solid enough defensively.

Centre halfs: Cordoba - Materazzi
Classic Italian line up. One athletic and fast, one solid and dependable. Arguably we could have this with all our players fit.

Midfielders: Vieira - Cambiasso - Zanetti
This is in my opinion the crucial reason (along with the next player I'll cover) WHY Mancini can't play his preferred formation at the moment. Cambiasso is of course the destroyer who's main job is to tackle and win the ball. De Jong could be our answer. Vieira is pretty much the complete player who's excellent at tackling, great at passing and bombs forward a lot. Of course we've signed him now, but can he still perform this role? Can Barry perform this role? Zanetti was pretty much the (slightly defensive) engine room, the all-rounder. Barry, De Jong or even Zabaleta might be able to perform this role.

Attacking Midfielder: Stankovic
This is the crucial link-up between midfield and attack. Possibly the most important position on the pitch. A player who has huge creative freedom and is expected to make clever passes if the game stalls. With this position, it's merely a bonus if he helps out defensively, that's not his role.

Strikers: Ibrahimovic - Julio Cruz
Ibra is of course a tall and pretty much complete striker (people think he's "just" a target-man which very wrong), which very few clubs have! Sits quite deep and is very technically gifted. Although Tevez isn't tall he can actually head the ball. Apart from his height he fits the bill perfectly. Cruz is the tall striker that held up the ball but also scored a fair bit. In other words; Adebayor when he's at the top of this game.

bluebannana said:
gman07 said:

its not a question of wanting AJ on the bench but if we are successful we will play almost 70 games this season... and he will be on the bench now and then... as will most players be... if you read the whole thread i would like to ask where do you put AJ as first team player with a flowing 433... when you have these players to chose from, Tevez, Adebayor, Silva, Robinho, Balotelli, Milner, Toure, Barry, de Jong, SWP... there are 6 places available...

havent got a clue where aj would play in that system just want him to play maybe in a 4 4 2 on the right

gman07 said:
if you read the whole thread

sorry really couldnt be arsed

The-dud - I have read your post before and think you were pretty much spot on. The only alteration I would make from the 35 minutes of the Valencia game when we played this system is that Adebayor was very much leading the line in a central position. Tevez and Silva were interchanging in behind him. I appreciate this may be because it is Tevez's natural instinct to come deeper in search of possession, but he was certainly playing an awful lot deeper than Adebayor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.