Is Nasri a liability?

bluesimon said:
Mrmcfc said:
May not be a popular opinion on here, but imo we should sell him in the summer.
You are clearly on copious amounts of crack. For most of the season, nasri has been at his best ever. For the last month or so, most of the team have been poor. Nasri is not going anywhere and more importantly, most of our regular starting 11 r staying put because they are on contracts no other club will come close to matching.

Nasri has one year left on his contract. He has form for not signing new contracts when at this stage. He is hugely over paid for what he delivers. I have not read anything about him signing a new contract and we are 5 games left in the season before his last.

It would not surprise me a jot if he is lining up for PSG next season.

nasri did seem to reject the obvious pass last night maybe he has fallen out with other players
nasris tika taka doesn't scare anyone and when it breaks down they know he wont try and get the ball back that's someone elses job, there are far better players out there than nasri

So bad last night he managed to not only play himself, but took Kolarov out of the game.

Didn't do a fecking tap until we went behind, and then we get 10 minutes of him trying.

Immensely talented, but doesn't turn it on enough and is far too lazy with the ball.

Sell him. We need players to take charge of the game, not passengers who only turn it on when it's going well.

Really need him to get stuck in and play the early pass when he is playing the Silva role or the whole system slows down, so many times the situation was crying out for an early pass to a forward and he passed it sideways

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
bluesimon said:
Mrmcfc said:
May not be a popular opinion on here, but imo we should sell him in the summer.
You are clearly on copious amounts of crack. For most of the season, nasri has been at his best ever. For the last month or so, most of the team have been poor. Nasri is not going anywhere and more importantly, most of our regular starting 11 r staying put because they are on contracts no other club will come close to matching.

Nasri has one year left on his contract. He has form for not signing new contracts when at this stage. He is hugely over paid for what he delivers. I have not read anything about him signing a new contract and we are 5 games left in the season before his last.

It would not surprise me a jot if he is lining up for PSG next season.

Here's hoping.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/300679.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/300679.html</a>

Nasri wasting his potential, says Mancini

Former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini believes that Samir Nasri is throwing away his chance at becoming a world-class player.
Mancini brought Nasri, 26, to City three years ago during his time as manager there, but was left disappointed by the big-money signing from Arsenal.
Sacked as City boss in May of last year, Mancini explained his frustrations in French magazine So Foot Junior.
"Samir is a player who has incredible qualities but a productivity that bears no comparison with his talent," Mancini said.
"He didn't understand that you always have to give your best."
Nasri was not included in the France squad for their last friendly against Netherlands in March, and Mancini feels that Les Bleus boss Didier Deschamps is unlikely to recall him for this summer's World Cup.
"It really pains me. I did everything so that he'd come [to Manchester City] and he settled for the minimum," Mancini said.
"He's a player who has the ability not to be a good player but to be a world-class player. What a pity that he won't even play in the World Cup."
Nasri, who scored a late equaliser for City in the 2-2 draw against Sunderland on Wednesday, made his feelings about Mancini clear earlier this season.
Prior to the League Cup final in February, Nasri hinted he didn't believe Mancini trusted him last season, and that his manager did not make him feel "important".
"The manager [Pellegrini] has been great," Nasri had said. "From the first training session, he told me exactly what he wanted from me.
"I really like the way he talks to me and made me feel important again. And after that I go out on the pitch and try everything because he trusts you, so you have to do everything for him."

malg said:
For the op. When are you starting the 'Is Negredo a Liability?' thread. If you don't, I might do it myself....

Post away malg its a free country. A word of warning though some simpletons on here will call for you to be banned, call you a Wum, a rag etc.. The mistake I keep making on here is thinking you are sharing your views (right or wrong) with adults capable of arguing a contrary view whereas a lot of posters are just kids or others incapable of seeing more than one side in a discussion.

As per Mancini's quote in a previous post.

"Samir is a player who has incredible qualities but a productivity that bears no comparison with his talent," Mancini said.
"He didn't understand that you always have to give your best."

My original post suggested he still doesn't .... To have great ability is a gift but to lack the desire to use it is wasteful .. Negredo in my view is not as technically gifted but does try to give 100% of what he's got unlike Nasri who may give 100% in a handful of games then just gives 60%..

tolmie's hairdoo said:
He was a disgrace last night, the worst player on the pitch.

He was charged with a big responsibility and like the last two months, decided to shirk it.

Yet is the only reason we got a point and was the only one to really go for a winner (bar Jovetic who is criminally under used)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.