"Is Nasri the last one in?", "I hope not"-Mancini (merged)

Damocles said:
Aussie! said:
terrychoichelsea said:
do anyone think a late swap deal between Sneijder-Tevez makes sense of all parties? Mancini said he wants one more midfield, Sneijder seems fancies England, Tevez wants out and Inter wants to sign a big name to replace Eto'o.

Cant believe he wants another mid.. we have soo much already.....

someoen in defence sounds more practicable ...

Lescott/Kolo too shaky

Nasri and Silva will play up top as winger/strikers of the 4-3-3. To cover the 3 in midfield, we have NDJ, Barry, Milner and Yaya. That's not enough.

Forgot AJ on the wing aswell

I still think we could do with cover on the wing as nasri is not an out and out winger, milner is rubbish wide and it's a waste of the kuns talents out there. Swp will certainly leave so we really only have aj as an out and out wide player.

Also we really need like for like cover for dejong. Viera played what 30 games for us last season ? We have 4 cups to play for.

I think any more players coming in will depend on our ability to shift the deadwood badabayor, nedum, swp, crocky, bridge, Weiss and quite possibly boyata (on loan) for most of those players we certainly want permanent deals as well.

That lot probably costs us going on 600k a week in wages !

alera said:
I still think we could do with cover on the wing as nasri is not an out and out winger, milner is rubbish wide and it's a waste of the kuns talents out there. Swp will certainly leave so we really only have aj as an out and out wide player.

Also we really need like for like cover for dejong. Viera played what 30 games for us last season ? We have 4 cups to play for.

I think any more players coming in will depend on our ability to shift the deadwood badabayor, nedum, swp, crocky, bridge, Weiss and quite possibly boyata (on loan) for most of those players we certainly want permanent deals as well.

swp and Boyata are most certainly not deadwood; mind you, you do like to put a negative slant on EVERYTHING don't you, you must be really good fun to live with

alera said:

600k? not a chance, 400k tops, but still could do with pruning.

Damocles said:
Nasri and Silva will play up top as winger/strikers of the 4-3-3. To cover the 3 in midfield, we have NDJ, Barry, Milner and Yaya. That's not enough.

Actually, Mancini said that he would play BOTH as a forward, and also in midfield. That makes a big difference as to whether the need for another midfielder is pressing or not.

Also, if Nasri is to be used mainly as a forward, then that means we will have Dzeko, Balo, AJ, Kun, Silva, Tevez, and Nasri. 7 players for three positions. Now that's an embarrassment of riches, and even if we get to the final of every competition we're entered in, one or even two of those players are going to be very unhappy at the number of games they play.

BillyShears said:
Damocles said:

Actually, Mancini said that he would play BOTH as a forward, and also in midfield. That makes a big difference as to whether the need for another midfielder is pressing or not.

Also, if Nasri is to be used mainly as a forward, then that means we will have Dzeko, Balo, AJ, Kun, Silva, Tevez, and Nasri. 7 players for three positions. Now that's an embarrassment of riches, and even if we get to the final of every competition we're entered in, one or even two of those players are going to be very unhappy at the number of games they play.

It 'potentially' leaves us open to Tevez leaving and IF he were to leave it wouldn't necessarily need to be a striker we replaced him with. Personally I would prefer him to stay as long as he performs like last season but if he is adamant he does want to leave then so be it.

BillyShears said:
That'd be the case if all the players you mentioned could in fact play all 3 positions...

Sometimes it'll probably be more like 4, if we opt for the trust 4231 in some matches.

If they're unhappy, I have no sympathy. They knew what they were getting into joining this club.

BlueMark said:
It 'potentially' leaves us open to Tevez leaving and IF he were to leave it wouldn't necessarily need to be a striker we replaced him with. Personally I would prefer him to stay as long as he performs like last season but if he is adamant he does want to leave then so be it.

I don't think Carlos is going anywhere this window...maybe Jan.

BillyShears said:
BlueMark said:

I don't think Carlos is going anywhere this window...maybe Jan.

agreed mate, just hope we dont see too many ripples caused by him between now and then. Altho would like him to go to Inter for my 20-1 bet to come off !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.