"Is Nasri the last one in?", "I hope not"-Mancini (merged)

Re: "Is Nasri the last one in?", "I hope not"-Mancini

nmc said:
I don't rate Lennon - has pace to burn but no end product and he never produces against the top teams. On balance I'd prefer to keep SWP than take Lennon.

After watching last night's game, I am even more convinced Lennon could offer us nothing. SWP over Lennon any day.

Matt the Giant said:
nmc said:
I don't rate Lennon - has pace to burn but no end product and he never produces against the top teams. On balance I'd prefer to keep SWP than take Lennon.

After watching last night's game, I am even more convinced Lennon could offer us nothing. SWP over Lennon any day.
Bahaha, was just about to post if he still was interested in Lennon. Guys a runner but man he's so lacking in technical ability. Our technical & meat and potatoes balance is pretty decent right now. No need to add a guy who can't /really/ play. Yes, I know I'm being very negative before any Lennon lovers comes slate me.

Matt the Giant said:
If we get Nasri, chances are we will still need a central midfielder... and I can't think of a better target than Javi Martinez for that position. He's young, he can replace De Jong, Milner, Barry and YaYa when they are off... and lastly he is of course brilliant.
Can only assume that Javi is happy in Bilbao as his tremendous talent has been known of for quite a while.

Matt the Giant said:
nmc said:

He didn't have a great game last night but I have seen him in games before now and thought that his end product is better than SWP and significantly he is 6 years younger than SWP. Probably not the most consistent though admittedly. He actually looked a yard quicker last night to me, just incredible pace. Personally I'd be happy for us to sign him, not to start 30+ games a season but just as an option to throw on when defenders are tired or when other things aren't working or even some squad depth. Pretty much the role I assume Cerci was earmarked for.

I think SWP is staying. Cerci deal has gone stale and with Weiss departing then i think SWP is the pacey wide man that RM is going to have in the squad this season.

Nasri, Coates and maybe Parker to sign on deadline day

One more?

Mancini has stated that after Nasri there would be "one more"... or words to that effect!

So who is going to be?

One name... head on the block time!

Lavezzi

Re: One more?

I'd be happy to see Hangeland brought in but we haven't been linked so i would imagine a loan of a CB as per ladyman tweet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.