Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Wow , some absolutely incredible opinions on here, but thats all they are opinions,from people who have never managed/played/coached/been a ballboy at/served tea at a professional football club.But hey youre right.

To many fans here racka disiprin.

600px-Kim_Jong-il_Team_America_World_Police.jpg

Freestyler said:
My huge Mancini post and my points raised a while back were completely justified in the Sunderland game, he's just one of many managers who will progress us. He'll never be the final piece of the jigsaw ever, he's not good enough.

He's a good manager, but not as good as some think. He isn't good enough to take us to that next level, he's reached as far as he can get.

The 'we won the league' line is bullshit, the strength of the team pulled him through.

I appreciate everything he's done for us, but he's incapable of taking us that step further.

i agree tbh.

will always love him for what hes done but im concerned its as far as he can take us.

Whenever the time comes, it will be a sad day when Mancini leaves Manchester City - I may even shed a tear.

We have to remember that, as fans, we owe a lot to Mancini because he has delivered the dreams that we have had for more than a generation, but delivering those particular dreams is not enough to stay. Our dreams have been reset and changed while the standards we expected have been increased. Mancini has raised his own bar higher than he can reach.

After calming down, I think because of what Mancini has delivered he deserves one more chance - and that one chance is to claw back the title from this position. But is clawing back the league from this position just papering over cracks? As Gary Neville said, problems cannot be erased in six weeks - and they certainly weren't solved during the summer.

Just like some players in our squad - Lescott, Barry, Kolarov to name three - Mancini has done his job of making us a successful domestic team in the way Hughes, Bellamy, Adebayor and Onuoha did their job of making us challengers for the top four. And just like Hughes, Bellamy, Adebayor and Onuoha, there are people at the club that need to be moved on for us to take the next step.

I just never thought Mancini would be one of the people moving on, but I fear that it has to happen. Mancini has to be given the lethal injection and sent on his way. Like I said, it will be a sad day when the most successful manager we've had since Joe Mercer walks out through the doors of the Etihad, never to return, but football is cruel, success is cruel and we must raise the standards to succeed in football.

Watching Mancini at City at the moment is like watching a long-term relationship breaking down: you know that you can do better without it, but it's where you go afterwards that is the greatest fear because of how much you've done together and the memories you've shared.

Thank you, Sir Bobby. Take a bow, you are a legend and you deserve my biggest thanks, and I want you to be the man we lift the Champions' League with for what you've done for my football team, but when I see us lifting the European Cup, I do not see you celebrating with us. Our manager in that image does not have a face, but I know for certain it is not you.

Thanks.

744370-1.jpg

MCFC BOB said:
Whenever the time comes, it will be a sad day when Mancini leaves Manchester City - I may even shed a tear.

We have to remember that, as fans, we owe a lot to Mancini because he has delivered the dreams that we have had for more than a generation, but delivering those particular dreams is not enough to stay. Our dreams have been reset and changed while the standards we expected have been increased. Mancini has raised his own bar higher than he can reach.

After calming down, I think because of what Mancini has delivered he deserves one more chance - and that one chance is to claw back the title from this position. But is clawing back the league from this position just papering over cracks? As Gary Neville said, problems cannot be erased in six weeks - and they certainly weren't solved during the summer.

Just like some players in our squad - Lescott, Barry, Kolarov to name three - Mancini has done his job of making us a successful domestic team in the way Hughes, Bellamy, Adebayor and Onuoha did their job of making us challengers for the top four. And just like Hughes, Bellamy, Adebayor and Onuoha, there are people at the club that need to be moved on for us to take the next step.

I just never thought Mancini would be one of the people moving on, but I fear that it has to happen. Mancini has to be given the lethal injection and sent on his way. Like I said, it will be a sad day when the most successful manager we've had since Joe Mercer walks out through the doors of the Etihad, never to return, but football is cruel, success is cruel and we must raise the standards to succeed in football.

Watching Mancini at City at the moment is like watching a long-term relationship breaking down: you know that you can do better without it, but it's where you go afterwards that is the greatest fear because of how much you've done together and the memories you've shared.

Thank you, Sir Bobby. Take a bow, you are a legend and you deserve my biggest thanks, and I want you to be the man we lift the Champions' League with for what you've done for my football team, but when I see us lifting the European Cup, I do not see you celebrating with us. Our manager in that image does not have a face, but I know for certain it is not you.

Thanks.

744370-1.jpg

Great post, Bob.

Here is Mancini after the match:

"We deserved to win this game. We had a lot of chances, we played well, but we didn't score. This is our problem, we don't score, we don't score enough goals to win the game. Last year, we scored one, two, three goals every game. Now when we have chances, we are too soft and this is not good. We are too soft in attack, too soft when we have chances, too soft when we shoot. Sometimes we don't shoot, we want to have one touch more. This is not good."

Same baloney as he has served up after every loss to a lesser squad that parks the bus against us. No Plan B, no width, no pace (inside or outside). He ran out of ideas some time ago, and there aren't any more forthcoming. He's done a great job here, but as Bob noted, he's taken us as far as he can. He certainly deserves to finish the season, but we'll have a new manager in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.