Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Why does he deserve to see out the season?

He got lucky last season,he isn't performing to the required standard this season,he has spunked a shed load of money,created an unbalanced,limited squad and we are going backwards........
so how is wasting another 6 months with him at the helm going to achieve anything?

FantasyIreland said:
Because he's shown that he can deliver the Premier League title and the FA Cup, so I think we should give him the chance to repeat his successes or win both.

Plus, the squad we have is not the squad he wants so maybe if he gets closer to his ideal squad then we'll start to see the results.

FantasyIreland said:

He got lucky last season,he isn't performing to the required standard this season,he has spunked a shed load of money,created an unbalanced,limited squad and we are going backwards........
so how is wasting another 6 months with him at the helm going to achieve anything?

If Guardiola is the successor, and he can be convinced to sign up now, then it would make sense to make the move at this time. Otherwise, there isn't much to be gained from making the change now, especially if the successor is tied to a contract at another club until season's end. Furthermore, as a simple question of decency, Mancini should have until the end of season to turn this around.

FantasyIreland said:

Two reasons, the first one is there are no other alternatives available. We can forget Pep Guardiola this season as he is not going to break his holiday for no team, even if we have both Soriano and Begiristain at our club. The second reason, as MCFC BOB has said he at least deserves to see out this season for what he has done for City.

MCFC BOB said:
FantasyIreland said:
Because he's shown that he can deliver the Premier League title and the FA Cup, so I think we should give him the chance to repeat his successes or win both.

Bob,he is an average manager among many who could have done the very same thing given the resources at his disposal.He has done nothing exceptional,you make it sound as if we are an Everton/Villa and it has been achieved on managerial masterstrokes alone.

A truly special manager would have made better progress with this club and lets not underestimate the owners part in our success.

MCFC BOB said:
I'm not trying to make it sound like that.

I think this man deserves six months. Like you said, any decent manager could have done what Mancini has done, and I would give the same chance to whatever manager did the same job as Mancini.

But can you not see the rot has set in and there are few signs of optimism/recovery in the football we are playing?

He keeps making the same 'mistakes'.There is no time for sentiment, unfortuantely that wins you nothing.

Those that want to kick Mancini out so soon for being currently second in the league, take a trip to old trafford and stare at the place the banner used to be. Thanks to Mancini we have two trophies, instead of the fuck all for the preceeding decades. No team can win everything all the time, it's how we react to defeat that will define us. We will come back stronger, prepared to rip the league a new one but it takes time and astute transfers for that too happen (and it will happen, we are too rich for it not too).

Mancini deserves this season even if we win nothing. You would think City fans would know about patience but apparently too many of us have been spoilt. Like children who want everything now, the second things look hard you want to throw the man who gave us so much out.

Start to ask questions if we look bad next year, not next game.

I can't believe as a fan of this club for only 5 years I have to tell those who watched the team in division two to have some faith. How did you have it then if you can't find it now?

FantasyIreland said:
MCFC BOB said:
I'm not trying to make it sound like that.

I think this man deserves six months. Like you said, any decent manager could have done what Mancini has done, and I would give the same chance to whatever manager did the same job as Mancini.

But can you not see the rot has set in and there are few signs of optimism/recovery in the football we are playing?

He keeps making the same 'mistakes'.There is no time for sentiment, unfortuantely that wins you nothing.
I understand completely what you are saying and I agree, there's just something in my mind that keeps tugging at me, making excuses for him. It is sentiment that I can't help.

MC ID said:
You would think City fans would know about patience but apparently too many of us have been spoilt. Like children who want everything now, the second things look hard you want to throw the man who gave us so much out.

Nice sentiments, and I agree that he deserves until the end of the season, but the very attitude that you decry in many fans here is EXACTLY the same attitude that Mancini himself brandishes against his own players and squad. He must have Hazard, RVP, Martinez, de Rossi, etc., etc. The strikers are "soft" and the medical staff is sabotaging his managing and Marwood is screwing him in the transfer market and the owner doesn't understand that he has to spend 200 million every summer, blah, blah, blah.

Loyalty is a two-way street, and Mancini has displayed precious little in his handling of the issues he has to deal with. Just ask Hart, Lescott, Micah, Dzeko, Nasri, AJ, etc. what kind of "support" their manager has given them in the media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.