Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Ric said:
Chippy_boy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
dealing in the transfer market is exactly why Begiristain has been signed.

With the greatest respect, I don't agree. There's a much bigger agenda.

I think you do both Soriano and Begiristain a huge disservice if you think they were only appointed to improve our chances of getting Guardiola.

I would agree. I did not say only.

Chippy_boy said:
Mancio said:
Chippy_boy said:
Bluemooners would do well to consider why we have hired Soriano and Begiristain in the first place. Is it to develop our academy? No. Is it to help get the best out of Mancini? No. Is it to wheel and deal on the transfer market. No.

Of course they can help with these things, but that is not why we hired them.

why we hired them then ?

Because we have wanted Guardiola for ages and we are on a mission to get him. Why do you think Mancini was not allowed to send big on his transfer targets?

FFP and marwood idiocy

Chippy_boy said:
Ric said:
Chippy_boy said:
With the greatest respect, I don't agree. There's a much bigger agenda.

I think you do both Soriano and Begiristain a huge disservice if you think they were only appointed to improve our chances of getting Guardiola.

I would agree. I did not say only.

And I'd say that is fair, certainly in terms of building bridges with the wider footballing community including UEFA. However a key aspect of Txiki's role will be to get us better value for money in the transfer market bringing in higher quality players more efficiently by having a more efficient relationship with other clubs and agents, using his expertees, contacts and good relationships within the game.

Chippy_boy said:
Mancio said:
Chippy_boy said:
Bluemooners would do well to consider why we have hired Soriano and Begiristain in the first place. Is it to develop our academy? No. Is it to help get the best out of Mancini? No. Is it to wheel and deal on the transfer market. No.

Of course they can help with these things, but that is not why we hired them.

why we hired them then ?

Because we have wanted Guardiola for ages and we are on a mission to get him. Why do you think Mancini was not allowed to send big on his transfer targets?

we spent 50 million in the summer, that would have bought any one of our top targets.
we only needed tweeking from last season, not panic buying we,ve seen, still dont want mancini to go.

All this slagging of Marwood despite the facts ?.

Who chased De Rossi all summer declaring him his number 1 target even though the bloke had signed a new contract ?,thats right Mancini spent weeks going after the unattainable .

then theres RVP he never wanted to come to us,end off,it shouldn't even be up for discussion,maybe he feared being on the bench etc.But the fact is he didn't fancy the switch.Mancini knew this ,fcuk me was there nobody else out there we could have gone for ?

Hazard wanted first team assurances,obviously Mancini wouldn't give him them so he didn't sign ?whose fault is that errrrrrr Mancini.

Still Mancini was given £50,000 000,what did he do he spent it on sick note Rodwell, he sat happily next to him during his signing saying he had pursued him for 2 seasons,declaring him one for the future.No one had a gun to his head.

He signed Garcia,i mean come on who is to blame for signing yet another DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER with no pace ?fits like a glove in to our side,so slow is he that Barry has been benched.

Maicon,one last pay day.

Nastasic a good prospect,played regularly because Roberto has a problem with Lescott.

£50,000 000 THE CLUB SPENT.

seriously could that not have been spent on one decent attacking midfielder .Mancini is to blame end off.

I would rather he wasn't given another penny until he offloads half the dross he has stuck on our wage bill.

thedogsbollocks said:
then theres RVP he never wanted to come to us,end off,it shouldn't even be up for discussion,maybe he feared being on the bench etc.
Not true. Van Persie was willing to come to us in January last season but agent fees and high wages meant he didn't.

Also, the rest of your post is complete shit and an agenda-driven attack on Mancini.

thedogsbollocks said:

Who chased De Rossi all summer declaring him his number 1 target even though the bloke had signed a new contract ?,thats right Mancini spent weeks going after the unattainable .

then theres RVP he never wanted to come to us,end off,it shouldn't even be up for discussion,maybe he feared being on the bench etc.But the fact is he didn't fancy the switch.Mancini knew this ,fcuk me was there nobody else out there we could have gone for ?

Hazard wanted first team assurances,obviously Mancini wouldn't give him them so he didn't sign ?whose fault is that errrrrrr Mancini.

Still Mancini was given £50,000 000,what did he do he spent it on sick note Rodwell, he sat happily next to him during his signing saying he had pursued him for 2 seasons,declaring him one for the future.No one had a gun to his head.

He signed Garcia,i mean come on who is to blame for signing yet another DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER with no pace ?fits like a glove in to our side,so slow is he that Barry has been benched.

Maicon,one last pay day.

Nastasic a good prospect,played regularly because Roberto has a problem with Lescott.

seriously could that not have been spent on one decent attacking midfielder .Mancini is to blame end off.

I would rather he wasn't given another penny until he offloads half the dross he has stuck on our wage bill.

+1

thedogsbollocks said:

Maicon,one last pay day.

A very good post,the groupies will be spewing.

I wouldn't give him another penny because i'd be replacing him.

I like Mancini and think he's a good manager, but if our form remains erratic like this I can only see one outcome. While we've developed a very strong style of football, it's one dimensional and there seems to be a complete lack of a plan b. We seemed to be standing still or even regressing while others move forward. I know it's early days but I think we'll be empty handed come the end of the season and Mancini will be gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.