Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Kun Aguero said:
The 3 questions I have to ask of Mancini are, Can you improve the team, reduce the age and reduce the wage bill all at the same time?

I'd imagine the top 2 targets would be Pepe and Jose then perhaps some famous managers such as Klopp, Capello, Anchelotti and Rafa the gaffa, Mourinho would want a gazillions, Klopp won't leave Dortmund, Mancini's better than Capello, Anchelotti and the fat Spanish waiter.

I'd love to see Zeman(Roma boss.) with this squad and the money but Pep seems the safer option.
I would suggest you have no idea what Capello has and still can achieve in football to make a ridiculous comment like Mancini is better than Capello. Too much time reading rag papers when in charge of England may have warped you in to thinking he wasn't the best manager England have ever had, the stats back that up as well

MSP said:
Chippy_boy said:
Mancio said:
why we hired them then ?

Because we have wanted Guardiola for ages and we are on a mission to get him. Why do you think Mancini was not allowed to send big on his transfer targets?

Guardiola is barely on managerial scene for years yet to say City wanted him for ages is whoah..

By "ages" I meant since the summer.

Didsbury Dave said:
Blue Heaven said:
Here is Mancini after the match:

"We deserved to win this game. We had a lot of chances, we played well, but we didn't score. This is our problem, we don't score, we don't score enough goals to win the game. Last year, we scored one, two, three goals every game. Now when we have chances, we are too soft and this is not good. We are too soft in attack, too soft when we have chances, too soft when we shoot. Sometimes we don't shoot, we want to have one touch more. This is not good."

Same baloney as he has served up after every loss to a lesser squad that parks the bus against us. No Plan B, no width, no pace (inside or outside). He ran out of ideas some time ago, and there aren't any more forthcoming. He's done a great job here, but as Bob noted, he's taken us as far as he can. He certainly deserves to finish the season, but we'll have a new manager in the summer.
Is that really what he said?

Same old fucking bundle of trite sentences which when shoved together make a grand total of nothing. Same old lack of answers and lack of insight. I'm sick to the back teeth of this and that piece of turd of an 'interview' just sums him up. He's run out of ideas. He hasn't a clue what to do. My only surprise is that he hasn't followed it up with 'we have to work hard' as though this is some kind of master stroke panacea.

Yes, Dave, I cut and pasted the quotes, which were offered up in quotation marks by the source media outlet (I don't which remember which one now). It's sad, especially for me, as I was touting this guy as an alternative to Hughes way back when, and I genuinely respect him as a manager. He's taken us far, and he deserves respect, but to this outsider, he appears to be exactly replicating what happened at Inter during his final season there. Too bad, but he'll get a nice payoff from Sheik Mansour and he'll manage big clubs in the future.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Kun Aguero said:
The 3 questions I have to ask of Mancini are, Can you improve the team, reduce the age and reduce the wage bill all at the same time?

I'd imagine the top 2 targets would be Pepe and Jose then perhaps some famous managers such as Klopp, Capello, Anchelotti and Rafa the gaffa, Mourinho would want a gazillions, Klopp won't leave Dortmund, Mancini's better than Capello, Anchelotti and the fat Spanish waiter.

I'd love to see Zeman(Roma boss.) with this squad and the money but Pep seems the safer option.
I would suggest you have no idea what Capello has and still can achieve in football to make a ridiculous comment like Mancini is better than Capello. Too much time reading rag papers when in charge of England may have warped you in to thinking he wasn't the best manager England have ever had, the stats back that up as well

Correct.

I'd also say Ancelotti is a better manager and (*dons tin hat) Benitez is at least equal.

Rammy Blue said:
moomba said:
Our forwards have to get more clinical, like they were last year.

I just don't think they are getting anywhere near the number of clear cut chances that they were though, that's what concerns me about our set-up.

I think you're on to something quite important, Rammy.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Kun Aguero said:

How many world cups did Capello win with England? if Mansour sacked Mancini for Capello I'd be fucking depressed.

He should be given to the end of the season but whether he does is another matter.

It depends on

1. How we doin the next 4/5 games
2. Who is immediately available.

Top 4 has to be achieved and there is a danger that if the players get wind of changes at the end of the season then they might take the foot off the gas. Who knows.

After norwich, Stoke home and arsenal away next. Neither easy games especially with stoke's defensive record. Our slow build up could struggle against them and arsenal away is normally one point at best but more often than not nil points. We could quite easily be looking at 4 points from those games and be double figures behind the rags and behind Chelsea.

Mancini should now be set new targets until the end of the season.

Good cup run plus a better 2nd half of the season than the first with a minimum 82 point target.

That probably won't be enough to win the league but should be enough for 2nd.

It's absolutely insulting to our owner and Khaldoon to suggest Mancini takes the credit for the progress which this club had made in four seasons.

I wonder what his Highness thinks when he now sees people jumping to Mancini's defence, how he has earned the right to remain in the job.

Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon have earned the right to call the shots as they see fit.

The correlation between our trophies in down to one man. They backed Mancini to the hilt in the market, and appointed him, knowing he could take us to the nest level.

There is a lack of conviction and motivation in our team, and that only comes from a manager who can man-manage all players.

It's Mancini's biggest fault and it will cost him his job one day.

All this talk about a closeness of a relationship between Khaldoon and Mancini will count for zero.

Khaldoon used to have dinner with Hughes and his wife at his home all the time, didn't stop him recognising the time to move on.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Kun Aguero said:

Kyle walker over micah tells me all i need to know about cappello.

Danamy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
BlueAnorak said:
I don't actually think the squad is that good. We over performed last season - and are performing at the level the players are actually at this season. It needs 4 very good players to take us to a level to compete in Europe - especially in midfield and on the flanks.
Soriano and Begiristain have a philosophy that you need 5 or 6 world-class players and the rest need to be good players that can be developed into top-class players (which is what a manager's job is and one Mancini is actually quite good at). They reckon that half the 50 players on our books are surplus to requirements as they will never be first team regulars.

We have Kompany, Silva, Yaya, Tevez & Aguero who can be considered world-class. You could possibly add Hart to that list. So that's the 5 or 6.
We have Nasri, Clichy, Nastasic & Richards who could become world-class. We have Zabaleta, Barry & Milner who may never be world-class but are absolutely solid and reliable team-members who will never let you down.
There's the top-tier of youngsters with Rodwell, Evans, Razak, Rekik & Guidetti on the verge of the first team.

Any first-team squad member not on that list, with the possible exception of Dzeko, can go in my opinion. That's Pantilimon, Kolo, Lescott. Sinclair, Garcia, Suarez, Scapuzzi and possibly Meppen-Walter & Nimely.

This is correct and when you break the squad down like that it just shows how much we're under performing at present.

You couldn't list six world class players for the Rags and they're seven points clear.

It's all down to the mentality of the squad, something we're severely lacking at the moment.

And for the mentality of the squad where do you look?
I wonder whether the club have been in contact with Guardiola about January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.