Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Kun Aguero said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Kun Aguero said:
The 3 questions I have to ask of Mancini are, Can you improve the team, reduce the age and reduce the wage bill all at the same time?

I'd imagine the top 2 targets would be Pepe and Jose then perhaps some famous managers such as Klopp, Capello, Anchelotti and Rafa the gaffa, Mourinho would want a gazillions, Klopp won't leave Dortmund, Mancini's better than Capello, Anchelotti and the fat Spanish waiter.

I'd love to see Zeman(Roma boss.) with this squad and the money but Pep seems the safer option.
I would suggest you have no idea what Capello has and still can achieve in football to make a ridiculous comment like Mancini is better than Capello. Too much time reading rag papers when in charge of England may have warped you in to thinking he wasn't the best manager England have ever had, the stats back that up as well

How many world cups did Capello win with England? if Mansour sacked Mancini for Capello I'd be fucking depressed.
Stop being clueless. Not even saying I want Capello I'm just telling you that you are wrong and very wrong at that.

Kun Aguero said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Kun Aguero said:
The 3 questions I have to ask of Mancini are, Can you improve the team, reduce the age and reduce the wage bill all at the same time?

I'd imagine the top 2 targets would be Pepe and Jose then perhaps some famous managers such as Klopp, Capello, Anchelotti and Rafa the gaffa, Mourinho would want a gazillions, Klopp won't leave Dortmund, Mancini's better than Capello, Anchelotti and the fat Spanish waiter.

I'd love to see Zeman(Roma boss.) with this squad and the money but Pep seems the safer option.
I would suggest you have no idea what Capello has and still can achieve in football to make a ridiculous comment like Mancini is better than Capello. Too much time reading rag papers when in charge of England may have warped you in to thinking he wasn't the best manager England have ever had, the stats back that up as well

How many world cups did Capello win with England? if Mansour sacked Mancini for Capello I'd be fucking depressed.

My fucking word. Is that really the basis of your argument as to why you think Mancini>Capello?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's absolutely insulting to our owner and Khaldoon to suggest Mancini takes the credit for the progress which this club had made in four seasons.

I wonder what his Highness thinks when he now sees people jumping to Mancini's defence, how he has earned the right to remain in the job.

Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon have earned the right to call the shots as they see fit.

The correlation between our trophies in down to one man. They backed Mancini to the hilt in the market, and appointed him, knowing he could take us to the nest level.

There is a lack of conviction and motivation in our team, and that only comes from a manager who can man-manage all players.

It's Mancini's biggest fault and it will cost him his job one day.

All this talk about a closeness of a relationship between Khaldoon and Mancini will count for zero.

Khaldoon used to have dinner with Hughes and his wife at his home all the time, didn't stop him recognising the time to move on.

Nail on the head for me. It's always been his Achilles heel

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Kun Aguero said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Stop being clueless. Not even saying I want Capello I'm just telling you that you are wrong and very wrong at that.

Capello was a great manager but not anymore. He wasn't good in charge of England. Tbh Sven is the best manager England have had in a long time.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's absolutely insulting to our owner and Khaldoon to suggest Mancini takes the credit for the progress which this club had made in four seasons.

I wonder what his Highness thinks when he now sees people jumping to Mancini's defence, how he has earned the right to remain in the job.

Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon have earned the right to call the shots as they see fit.

The correlation between our trophies in down to one man. They backed Mancini to the hilt in the market, and appointed him, knowing he could take us to the nest level.

There is a lack of conviction and motivation in our team, and that only comes from a manager who can man-manage all players.

It's Mancini's biggest fault and it will cost him his job one day.

All this talk about a closeness of a relationship between Khaldoon and Mancini will count for zero.

Khaldoon used to have dinner with Hughes and his wife at his home all the time, didn't stop him recognising the time to move on.

Agreed. I have complete confidence that Sheik Mansour and Chairman al-Mubarak will make the correct decision when the time comes. The overall Project at City is visionary, yet doable. Now, we are witnessing the follow-through, including the hiring of Soriano and Begiristain as the very ground is being broken for construction of the facilities for the new set-up. There is a bigger picture at City, and it dwarfs this player or that manager, etc.

sjk2008 said:
Kun Aguero said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

My fucking word. Is that really the basis of your argument as to why you think Mancini>Capello?

The large text is the bit I was replying to, Alf Ramsey is the only manager to won the world cup with England so I'd say it's fairly obvious he's England's best ever manager, I'm not intrested in how many friendly's/ qualifiers a international manager wins what matters is the Euro's or the World Cup, it's like being asked before the season starts "would you rather finish 2nd with 90 points or win the league with 85?"

chesterbells said:
Danamy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Soriano and Begiristain have a philosophy that you need 5 or 6 world-class players and the rest need to be good players that can be developed into top-class players (which is what a manager's job is and one Mancini is actually quite good at). They reckon that half the 50 players on our books are surplus to requirements as they will never be first team regulars.

We have Kompany, Silva, Yaya, Tevez & Aguero who can be considered world-class. You could possibly add Hart to that list. So that's the 5 or 6.
We have Nasri, Clichy, Nastasic & Richards who could become world-class. We have Zabaleta, Barry & Milner who may never be world-class but are absolutely solid and reliable team-members who will never let you down.
There's the top-tier of youngsters with Rodwell, Evans, Razak, Rekik & Guidetti on the verge of the first team.

Any first-team squad member not on that list, with the possible exception of Dzeko, can go in my opinion. That's Pantilimon, Kolo, Lescott. Sinclair, Garcia, Suarez, Scapuzzi and possibly Meppen-Walter & Nimely.

This is correct and when you break the squad down like that it just shows how much we're under performing at present.

You couldn't list six world class players for the Rags and they're seven points clear.

It's all down to the mentality of the squad, something we're severely lacking at the moment.

And for the mentality of the squad where do you look?
I wonder whether the club have been in contact with Guardiola about January.

In January of last year, Mancini was being prudent when he opened dialogue with Monaco, despite being top of the table.

I would hazard a guess the owners already know how the land lays with all the outstanding candidates.

There's a lot of bitter pills at present, but it's wonderful to know we are owned by great people and in Soriano and Begiristain, people who know football, and can see with their own eyes where the problems may be.

Question, should Watford earn a replay next week or god forbid, we get beat, what do we do if no decent replacement is available.

Do we just continue to wither on the vine?

Josh Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Kun Aguero said:

Capello was a great manager but not anymore. He wasn't good in charge of England. Tbh Sven is the best manager England have had in a long time.

I'm only going off stats which back up Capello being the best England manger with a far worse squad than Sven had, any decent manager should of got them to a WC final in Svens era.

Look at Russia romping it under Capello at the moment just like England where with a pile of shit

Josh Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Kun Aguero said:

He wasn't bad either. We could have a Mourinho & Pep double-act managing England and it still wouldn't help us because we simply haven't got the World Class players that the other big nations have.

Capello still had a better record than Sven, Keegan, Hoddle et al. I see no reason why he couldn't still succeed at a club side again, not that I think he's the right man for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.