Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chesterbells said:
Danamy said:
This is correct and when you break the squad down like that it just shows how much we're under performing at present.

You couldn't list six world class players for the Rags and they're seven points clear.

It's all down to the mentality of the squad, something we're severely lacking at the moment.

And for the mentality of the squad where do you look?
I wonder whether the club have been in contact with Guardiola about January.

In January of last year, Mancini was being prudent when he opened dialogue with Monaco, despite being top of the table.

I would hazard a guess the owners already know how the land lays with all the outstanding candidates.

There's a lot of bitter pills at present, but it's wonderful to know we are owned by great people and in Soriano and Begiristain, people who know football, and can see with their own eyes where the problems may be.

Question, should Watford earn a replay next week or god forbid, we get beat, what do we do if no decent replacement is available.

Do we just continue to wither on the vine?

2nd place is not withering on the vine. You do know that don't you? Most clubs would kill to be where we are.

What if we win the FA cup continuing a great spell of success and finish second? Are we just papering over the cracks then?

Kun Aguero said:
sjk2008 said:
Kun Aguero said:
How many world cups did Capello win with England? if Mansour sacked Mancini for Capello I'd be fucking depressed.

My fucking word. Is that really the basis of your argument as to why you think Mancini>Capello?

The large text is the bit I was replying to, Alf Ramsey is the only manager to won the world cup with England so I'd say it's fairly obvious he's England's best ever manager, I'm not intrested in how many friendly's/ qualifiers a international manager wins what matters is the Euro's or the World Cup, it's like being asked before the season starts "would you rather finish 2nd with 90 points or win the league with 85?"

OK, fair enough. I'll revert back to your original point then - why do you think Mancini>Capello?

Kun Aguero said:
sjk2008 said:
Kun Aguero said:
How many world cups did Capello win with England? if Mansour sacked Mancini for Capello I'd be fucking depressed.

My fucking word. Is that really the basis of your argument as to why you think Mancini>Capello?

The large text is the bit I was replying to, Alf Ramsey is the only manager to won the world cup with England so I'd say it's fairly obvious he's England's best ever manager, I'm not intrested in how many friendly's/ qualifiers a international manager wins what matters is the Euro's or the World Cup, it's like being asked before the season starts "would you rather finish 2nd with 90 points or win the league with 85?"

Do you have any idea of what Capello has achieved in his managerial career?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Kun Aguero said:
sjk2008 said:

I do and I think Mancini is a better manager than Capello. Capello isn't at the level he once was. Things change.

Just out of interest Mancini or Dalglish?

Prestwich_Blue said:
If you want to start a thread about the relative merits of England managers then by all means do so but it's distracting from the topic of this particular thread.

PB, you know how things can work at football clubs.

I don't even think it's down to Khaldoon, sure, he has a big say, but I believe Abu Dhabi were getting extremely tired of playing piggy in the middle between Mancini and Marwood.

Marwood gets a bad rap, but he carried out the owners' wishes to the letter.

I'm sure the appointments of Soriano and Cheeky ticked a number of boxes, including acting as a buffer between manager and Abu Dhabi.

Trusting to football men to reach their own conclusions. I don't subscribe to the theory it was just with a view to being an ace for Pep.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's absolutely insulting to our owner and Khaldoon to suggest Mancini takes the credit for the progress which this club had made in four seasons.

I wonder what his Highness thinks when he now sees people jumping to Mancini's defence, how he has earned the right to remain in the job.

Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon have earned the right to call the shots as they see fit.

The correlation between our trophies in down to one man. They backed Mancini to the hilt in the market, and appointed him, knowing he could take us to the nest level.

There is a lack of conviction and motivation in our team, and that only comes from a manager who can man-manage all players.

It's Mancini's biggest fault and it will cost him his job one day.

All this talk about a closeness of a relationship between Khaldoon and Mancini will count for zero.

Khaldoon used to have dinner with Hughes and his wife at his home all the time, didn't stop him recognising the time to move on.
Like it or not he takes Mancini will take his fair share of the credit

Josh Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Kun Aguero said:

I do and I think Mancini is a better manager than Capello. Capello isn't at the level he once was. Things change.

Just out of interest Mancini or Dalglish?

I would suggest Dalglish was far more out of touch than Capello I would also note that Mancini plays a very similar type of football to what Capello has used throughout his career.

Everyone says Capello isn't what he once was yet his last club job he won the league led a very poor England side to an undefeated year and is now doing a great job at Russia.

Again just to note I don't want him at City but thankfully his £7 million a year contract makes sure of that

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chesterbells said:
Danamy said:
This is correct and when you break the squad down like that it just shows how much we're under performing at present.

You couldn't list six world class players for the Rags and they're seven points clear.

It's all down to the mentality of the squad, something we're severely lacking at the moment.

In January of last year, Mancini was being prudent when he opened dialogue with Monaco, despite being top of the table.

I would hazard a guess the owners already know how the land lays with all the outstanding candidates.

There's a lot of bitter pills at present, but it's wonderful to know we are owned by great people and in Soriano and Begiristain, people who know football, and can see with their own eyes where the problems may be.

Question, should Watford earn a replay next week or god forbid, we get beat, what do we do if no decent replacement is available.

Well if our owners do know all of that re available candidates then I'd be reassured. By the same token based on Mancini and Monaco last year, it would be reasonable to expect him to have similar plans in place this time too - although a 5 year contract would suggest his payoff means he wouldn't need to be going straight to another job.

If the games up to and including Watford don't go well it will certainly put pressure on the club to make a decision one way or another, even if it's issuing a statement in support of Mancini

Josh Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
chesterbells said:

2nd place is not withering on the vine. You do know that don't you? Most clubs would kill to be where we are.

What if we win the FA cup continuing a great spell of success and finish second? Are we just papering over the cracks then?

We're not 'most football clubs' bud.

We're Manchester City, and really should be the best team in the world and all the land ;)

We are withering on the vine, it's all semantics.

Same people who were citing our unbeaten record up to the derby as a sign of progress, or like-for-like results against opposition, this time last season.

It now counts for nothing. There is a huge challenge ahead for our team and it's not necessarily about finishing first.

Finishing second is only acceptable if you are actually still competing for first, and certainly before all the mince pies have been eaten.

Mancini keeps going back to Italy a lot more than he used could he be lining his next job their for next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.