Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

I don't fear the teams below Chelsea. As critical as I am of Mancini he'd have to be an absolute moron to get caught up in a race with the likes of Everton, Spurs, and Arsenal.

Chelsea are the ones. I imagine everyone from Soriano to Khaldoun getting awfully twitchy if Benitez lifts Chelsea above us in the coming weeks.

Rammy Blue said:
Let's take a hypothetical situation here for one minute.

I think we can safely say that the decisions of where Pep and Jose are going to manage next season are ones that are likely to be taken over the next month or so.

IF there was an imaginary date in place, a date where our top brass have said they are going to make a decision whether or not to retain Bob's services for next season, and let's say that date was now, then I think it would be fair to assume that they would be siding on the notion of replacing him.

It's difficult because with the quality we have then of course it's feasible that we could go on a hot streak however unfortunately I don't see us having the luxury of playing the waiting game when you have 2 managers of the ilk of Pep and Jose looking for a Prem club to be at for next season.

I'm sure they would have been looking at alternatives already, and would have been if we were 7 points clear. If they had to make a decision, unless they had a solid idea of Jose or Pep's intentions I doubt they would replace Mancini right now.

Right, if they get rid of Mancini who will replace him mid season?

There is no one of the calibre needed available, that's the elephant in the room in all of this, at the moment there is no one better who is available.

I do agree that many of the problems can be laid at his door, lets see if he can rectify the problems, if not I agree he needs to go

Following on from r.soleofsalford's post here's a pretty shocking stat for us all....

Our biggest win streak this season is 2 games.

Rammy Blue said:
IF there was an imaginary date in place, a date where our top brass have said they are going to make a decision whether or not to retain Bob's services for next season, and let's say that date was now, then I think it would be fair to assume that they would be siding on the notion of replacing him.
They will be asking him the same question they asked Hughes during a poor run and if they don't like the answer, or he gives an answer but can't deliver it, he's gone. Not necessarily now but certainly at the end of the season. I would say the next three, difficult games will be the key ones.

moomba said:
Rammy Blue said:
Let's take a hypothetical situation here for one minute.

I think we can safely say that the decisions of where Pep and Jose are going to manage next season are ones that are likely to be taken over the next month or so.

It's difficult because with the quality we have then of course it's feasible that we could go on a hot streak however unfortunately I don't see us having the luxury of playing the waiting game when you have 2 managers of the ilk of Pep and Jose looking for a Prem club to be at for next season.

I'm sure they would have been looking at alternatives already, and would have been if we were 7 points clear. If they had to make a decision, unless they had a solid idea of Jose or Pep's intentions I doubt they would replace Mancini right now.

The way Jose is trying to call the Madrid board's bluff, he could be out of work before end of January.

It's a good leverage tool for City to use with Jose, who obviously loves to keep interest dangling as long as possible.

He either thinks more short-term, on the chance of leading Madrid to the Champions League, or he would genuinely 'jump' at the City job if it was presented beforehand.

If nothing else, it smokes out the real intentions of both Jose and Pep, very early on.

Ducado said:

There is no one of the calibre needed available, that's the elephant in the room in all of this, at the moment there is no one better who is available.

I do agree that many of the problems can be laid at his door, lets see if he can rectify the problems, if not I agree he needs to go

If there is nothing left to play for then it doesn't really matter who takes the reigns on a caretaker basis - the positives of having the role "open" for negotiations with potentials far outweighs the negatives.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The way Jose is trying to call the Madrid board's bluff, he could be out of work before end of January.

It's a good leverage tool for City to use with Jose, who obviously loves to keep interest dangling as long as possible.

He either thinks more short-term, on the chance of leading Madrid to the Champions League, or he would genuinely 'jump' at the City job if it was presented beforehand.

If nothing else, it smokes out the real intentions of both Jose and Pep, very early on.

What I'm pretty sure they won't do is replace Mancini in the hope that the chosen man (whoever it is) will join. They'll probably have a decent idea already what options will be available to us, and when.

Ducado said:

Personally, as I said in my previous post, I don't think we're less likely to win the league with Kidd in charge for the rest of the season. So Mancini can go if we slip further behind. Also, again repeating myself, but he's such a fucking divisive character I suspect were he to be sent packing mid season we'd see an instant upturn in the performances of a lot of our players.

People keep saying "lets give Mancini a chance to solve the problems". The elephant in the room is that Mancini won't take responsibility for the problems and certainly won't be changing his ways anytime soon. You get what you're given with him. Right up to and including an inability to play penetrative winning football without his two first choice full backs.

moomba said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Cups, plural. They also won the FA Cup, so not a bad season considering they changed their manager halfway through the season.

True, but beside the point. It's not the way I want our club to act, and in the long term I think it will cause damage to Chelsea.

You don't rate what Chelsea have done but their trophy haul in recent years is not to be dismissed. I don't believe you need to keep a manager for decades to ensure success

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.