Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Re: Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the clubs

Gaylord du Bois said:
Bare with me but didn't say that you'd only recently started to follow City because of your dislike of united?
My apologies in advance if I've got the wrong person.

If by 10 years you think I am recent, then I suppose so. If not, then apology accepted and thanks for being reasonable in a thread that has descended into chaos.

Re: Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the clubs

BillyShears said:
johnny crossan said:
he is an Inter supporter and an Italy supporter and a City supporter in that order - but they all play in blue

He'll never be a blue. Every single Bosnian on this forum is a bigger blue than he'll ever be. You know why - because they may defend Edin to the hilt and they might blindly think he's better than all our strikers, but ultimately what they don't do is look down their nose at our English players as some sort of footballing halfwits. Mancio is a flat out racist. What's worse, is as evidenced in this thread he accuses those who actually expose his nonsense as racists. He is the very definition of a wum and should have been banned a long time ago.
It is unfortunate he doesn't appreciate the many virtues of Micah, Joe, Gazbaz and Milly but he is not alone ( although I'm pushed to think of anyone else who is so consistently critical of all of them.) Mancio likes Gerrard and Cole I'm told.

cleavers said:
Dethred said:
Cleaver, Why not just lock this thread.

Its deteriorated into three kinds of posters:

1 - Silly arguing about whose a real fan or not.

2 - People with valid criticism of Mancini and his future at a club wanting knockout stage Champions League football

3 - People who think that the criticism means they want Mancini out and that we expected City to win the competition (none of which is remotely accurate).
I can't cut 1. out sadly, just deal with it if reported, but I don't see any reason to lock a thread because of 2. and 3. If I did, I might as well lock the whole forum until after our next victory.
Sounds like a fantastic idea .

cleavers said:
I can't cut 1. out sadly, just deal with it if reported, but I don't see any reason to lock a thread because of 2. and 3. If I did, I might as well lock the whole forum until after our next victory.

spose you're right. Don't envy your role here. Must nearly ruin the whole experience of this forum for you.

Dethred said:
Santiago Street . said:
It amuses me the morons on here berating Roberto for making obvious mistakes and being a rubbish manager.

Weren't you around 5 years ago or 10 years ago? You ever heard of Frank Clark or Alan Ball or John Benson ? This guy's a top class manager who's got a proven track record of success. Who do you fucking clowns want instead ? Go on all shout at once ..................... MOURINHO.

Tabloid reading halfwits

Care to show a manager in the neighborhood of his salary that has made such blatantly poor decisions in Europe? AVB even got Chelsea through the round of 16 with a cheaper squad. Yes, we know what all these previous managers did. They were shit with relatively shit squads and shit resources. No one expected success in Europe, much less the league with those wobs.

Please tell me though, does Mancini's track record of success include Europe? Also tell me, does the entire investment strategy of our owner hinge on European football?

Mancini does have a case to answer. Undoubtedly. His substitutions and tactical switches last night were bizarre to say the least. Clichy goes from being left back, and probably our best player, to being one of three centre halfs and then ends up playing right back all in the space of about 10 minutes.

We then finally end up with four strikers on the pitch and no one to pass to them, and all against a team that we really should be putting away with minimal fuss.

I fail to see how questioning Mancini's decisions makes fans on here some sort of Johnny-come-lately glory hunters, or Mourinho-loving half wits. It was awful last night. Not as bad as watching us under Ball, Clarke or Phil Neal, but still poor and Mancini had a stinker during and after the game I'm afraid.

Not happy about the result, but consistency is important for the team at this point.

Only if Mancini fails to get a Champions League spot this year on the league, I'd consider a replacement.

It's easier for a manager to go from understanding the league, to understanding Europe. The other way around seems unlikely.

He needs some more time.

<a class="postlink" href="http://twitpic.com/b7cxex" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitpic.com/b7cxex</a>
Mirrors back page

cookster said:
The Future's Blue said:
LoveCity said:
Another financially crippled team who had to sell their best players. He won a cup with in his first ever year as a manager, he didn't even have his badges yet according to that same Wikipedia you mentioned. Yes they were relegated, half a season after he left. So he won a cup while not even a fully qualified coach and his financially crippled team were struggling in the relegation zone when he resigned. Hardly damning evidence against him and even if it were, not enough to counter the great work he did at Lazio, Inter, and our own club. How did the greats of management do in their first year?
Fuck me, Cooksters statement was straight out of the Rag Tops book of devious quotes. Unbelievable Jeff!

How is it devious? It was a bit one-sided to hail all Mancini's achievements but not mention that he has also failed.

Last night's performance has once again raised doubts about Mancini's tactics in Europe, I believe what I see and last night was poor, as was Dortmund.
Mmmmmm, one sided? Give us your wisdom on how he failed?

From what I remember he won the Italian Cup before leaving due to many different circumstances. Death to his family from the supporters was one report. His team, who he left 6 months earlier, went onto relegation.

Oh, did I mention, they won the Italian Cup whilst in huge debt and having to sell their best players?

Please, don't reply with 'Balance', there's no balance in your statement, just an agenda. Worse than the Rag Tops considering where you're posting.

Pathetic pal.

Brewster's millions said:
Mancini does have a case to answer. Undoubtedly. His substitutions and tactical switches last night were bizarre to say the least. Clichy goes from being left back, and probably our best player, to being one of three centre halfs and then ends up playing right back all in the space of about 10 minutes.

We then finally end up with four strikers on the pitch and no one to pass to them, and all against a team that we really should be putting away with minimal fuss.

I fail to see how questioning Mancini's decisions makes fans on here some sort of Johnny-come-lately glory hunters, or Mourinho-loving half wits. It was awful last night. Not as bad as watching us under Ball, Clarke or Phil Neal, but still poor and Mancini had a stinker during and after the game I'm afraid.

Absolutely the best post in the thread after nearly 80 pages. My only thing to add was that under other managers (Clueless excluded), the managers were incapable of making our relatively shitty squads better. I still can't remember a single match under any of them in which their tactical decisions made the team worse by a country mile. Mancini's tactics made a team that, as he said, should be challenging for the trophy into a disorganized shadow of themselves. I mean, can you pick out a single game in which the manager took a salvageable performance and finished it off for us with just a few waves of the hand? I can't recall a one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.