Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

DD said:
SWP's back said:
I've not berated anyone DD. I am as dissappointed as you or anyone else, but so long as we are winning leagues then his job is safe with me.

You haven't but others have. Absolutely. If he wins it again then he stays and rightfully so. My fear is that he is going to cost us it (as he nearly did last year) but he has earned the right to be given that chance.
True he has. I have pretty much avoided this thread as I have slowly learnt (it's taken 4 years) that arguing with randoms on the internet doesn't really get anyone anywhere (as opposed to debating). And the main forum is full of idiots (as is the world tbf) who bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

DD said:
SWP's back said:
I think you would be hard pushed to find many in the pub tomorrow that think we should sack Mancini. Do you disagree with this? Down the pub?

I wouldn't sack him tomorrow. I maybe would at the end of the season. Let's see how it goes.

I think I posted on about Page 65 about this but anyway, no, I wouldn't, but my opinion always has been that a great manager makes a the whole greater than the sum of the parts. With Mancini at the helm, the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. It's those parts that have got us where we are.

I believe we have won two trophies in spite of him rather than because of him. I think we would have won a third last year if it hadn't been for him and the league win would have been wrapped up with a few points to spare.

I don't believe the players are happy playing for him. I think we'd get an extra 25% out of all of them with a manager they were happier with.

That's just my opinion, but I'm not as on my own as a lot of his fans would have you believe.

At the end of the day, people have different opinions despite having the same level of knowledge.

In my experience, those that abuse people for their opinions usually do so because they are insecure about their own and putting the other opinion down reinforces the belief in their own mind that they are right. That's simple psychology.

Shouted at or not, I believe what I believe and I'm not insecure enough about that opinion to feel the need to berate those who don't agree with me. ;)

Under what conditions will be the reason you would Sack Mancini at the end of the season?

There's no case to answer if we win the League

And if City come roaring back against Ajax, the criticism will melt away entirely.

Maybe like the league last season when the shackles came off after going 8 points behind he might just go for it now with 3 games left and nothing to lose and we might get 9 points and sneak through. It would take a result one way or the other in the Bernabeu between Real/Dortmund I expect, if they draw that one then I think they'll both go through.

waspish said:
DD said:
SWP's back said:
I think you would be hard pushed to find many in the pub tomorrow that think we should sack Mancini. Do you disagree with this? Down the pub?

I wouldn't sack him tomorrow. I maybe would at the end of the season. Let's see how it goes.

I think I posted on about Page 65 about this but anyway, no, I wouldn't, but my opinion always has been that a great manager makes a the whole greater than the sum of the parts. With Mancini at the helm, the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. It's those parts that have got us where we are.

I believe we have won two trophies in spite of him rather than because of him. I think we would have won a third last year if it hadn't been for him and the league win would have been wrapped up with a few points to spare.

I don't believe the players are happy playing for him. I think we'd get an extra 25% out of all of them with a manager they were happier with.

That's just my opinion, but I'm not as on my own as a lot of his fans would have you believe.

At the end of the day, people have different opinions despite having the same level of knowledge.

In my experience, those that abuse people for their opinions usually do so because they are insecure about their own and putting the other opinion down reinforces the belief in their own mind that they are right. That's simple psychology.

Shouted at or not, I believe what I believe and I'm not insecure enough about that opinion to feel the need to berate those who don't agree with me. ;)

Under what conditions will be the reason you would Sack Mancini at the end of the season?

A combination or selection of winning nothing, or more importantly, not looking like winning anything, more player fall-outs, shit tactics, not playing to our strengths, pointless tinkering with formations and personnel, failure to get the best out of his players, employing second rate coaching staff etc.

DD said:
SWP's back said:
I've not berated anyone DD. I am as dissappointed as you or anyone else, but so long as we are winning leagues then his job is safe with me.

You haven't but others have. Absolutely. If he wins it again then he stays and rightfully so. My fear is that he is going to cost us it (as he nearly did last year) but he has earned the right to be given that chance.
I find the nearly cost us comment has cropped up in various forms a few times.
I find it staggering that people actually believe this.

Gaylord du Bois said:
DD said:
SWP's back said:

I find it staggering that some people don't.

His tactics on the road after the QPR game (until we were eight points behind and he/we thought it was over) did not play to our strengths and cost us a lot of points.

Pam said:
cyprustavern said:
Is it time to consider mike ds tenure on bluemoon ?

hell yes

Who is this mike ds you speak of?

mike d the famous mike d ..international superspy..world famous sportsman ..a proud member of the armed forces..actor...musician ...pimp ,,,and creator of this thread

DD said:
waspish said:
DD said:

A combination or selection of winning nothing, or more importantly, not looking like winning anything, more player fall-outs, shit tactics, not playing to our strengths, pointless tinkering with formations and personnel, failure to get the best out of his players, employing second rate coaching staff etc.

He is our manager he can tinker has much has he wants for me, if he thinks it will improve us in the long run. top 3 for me and winning nothing he stays! Even though we have won charity shield. All the rest of what you say is conjecture and hear say from Unreliable sources, no one truly knows whats going on in the city dressing room!

Gaylord du Bois said:
DD said:

People who believe the nearly cost us theory are 100% unadulterated, no holds barred, wank-festing, bottom-feeding trolls and wummers. Either that or they have the brains of a hamster fart. If you had to choose between their opinions and the opinions of a load of lobotomised gold-fish living in an aquarium, you'd choose the fish every time. And you'd be right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.