Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

Re: Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the clubs

We need better players.

hgblue said:
If you have a title winning manager who comes to you with a list of targets including the likes of Thiago Silva, Hazard, Martinez, etc, and you choose to ignore him and give him the likes of Sinclair, Rodwell, Maicon, etc, then you take the consequences of ignoring his advice. Mancini wanted to move us on to the next level, and instead we've stood still. Big mistake.

Agree with your sentiments - and I think the poor transfer window will cost us the league (depending on what happens in January) - but it's hard to argue this in relation to last night after losing to a youth team and a couple of old timers.

glen quagmire said:
Mods can you let me know what i need to do to get this embarassment binned? I will even take a ban, i'll deny the holocaust, threaten someone or post a pic of my cock. Whatever it takes

100% agree. What a fuckin joke this OP & some of this thread is! Question the tactics, personnel for each game but to react like this is a disgrace.

it's obviously stirred quite the reaction and a good talking point.

Malty said:
We need better players.

No we don't ! We can't keep BUYING , BUYING , BUYING !! every single TACTICAL problem = Let's buy players . Its time for Mancini to actually look at the team and bring out the best from what he has . Ajax didn't spend more than 5million in the transfer window . Its time to look at the manager and not the players .

Also i think Mancini might lose the support of the players if he's not careful . In Lescott's post match interview he said "he doesn't think lack of preparation was the problem and that the team prepared very well" totally different from what Mancini said in his post match interview which he had before Lescotts interview , so Lescott knew very well that Mancini's "excuse" to the media was that the team didn't prepare properly but yet he choose to go against that excuse

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8193006/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8193006/</a>

Mike D you are a disgrace!! have a big word with yourself. Talk about over-reaction.

I really thought we had grown out of this sort of shit. You are taking us back to the bad old days. YOU have made a bad morning even worst!! ODIOT!!!

Bazzmand Show said:
kiam06 said:
Ajax are no mugs and showed it at the swamp last year and Dortmund and Madrid are better than any English team so I can't believe the arrogance of our fans.

Arsenal played Dortmund off the park last year and beat them twice. I'm not buying that mate. We should be beating teams like Dortmund at home.

OK, first of all Arsenal did not play Dortmund off the park. Both games were really close and one even ended in a draw.

Speaking of Dortmund, while both them and City are very different in several ways, they share pretty much the same experience in the Champions League last year.
Both teams played way worse than in the league. They could not bring the same performances on the international stage and payed for their lack of experience.

But now comes the big difference between them. Dortmund used the mostly negative experiences and learned from their mistakes. They developed and stand now on the top of the hardest group in this year.
In the meantime, City stagnates.

You can of course defend Mancini with the fact, that he won the team two national titles, but for me that is too easy. If you want to rate a manager, you need to take the resources into account.

Some of the greatest managers I know have not even won titles and I still rate them very highly. A good example for this is Mirko Slomka, the manager of the Bundesliga club Hanover 96. This club with a very small budget played for a long time in the no mans land of the league. Slomka lead them into the Euro League, where they impressed every German, getting into the Quarter Finals, where they fell to the eventual champion Atletico Madrid after a hard fight.

People try to excuse Mancini´s and ManCity´s poor performance in the Champions League this year with the strong group, but then I look at the managers of those clubs.

The standing of Mourinho does not need to debated. As much as I dislike the guy, he is one of the most successful managers in the history of club football.

Frank de Boer created a team with seven or eight players out of their own youth academy. They still put up a respectable fight away against Dortmund and managed to beat City last night.

Then there is Jurgen Klopp. This man build a team, that dominated the Bundesliga the last two seasons, including five victories in a row against a world class team, which managed to get in the Champions League Final twice in the last three years. He also lifted the team on a very high level in the Champions League as I mentioned before. He did all that with a starting squad that cost less money than what Mancini payed for one striker (Aguero).

I don´t want to say, that Mancini needs to accomplish what Klopp did in Dortmund, because such a thing is extremely rare, but I look at their performances in the CL and I see no real team, system or tactic.

How can a team with so much investment, so much depth and skill play that poorly? Why is their no growth from their last Champions League campaign? When you have so much quality on the pitch you are bound to look for the problems on the bench and I don´t mean the ridiculous strong reserve players.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The thing is, we have no real barometer for previous success, we're still winging in, thankful for what we have got.

People say Bobby is the best manager we have had since Mercer, but that is hardly an endorsement is it?

Others will say changing the manager gets you nowhere, but outside of Ferguson at United, everybody changes their manager when and necessary.

I actually praise Abramovich for what he has done at Chelsea. He never settles for just good enough.

Despite all the upheavals, he has continued to keep them winning trophies and competitive.

I feel sorry for Mancini is the respect he is also paying the price for FFPR and our lousy co-efficient, but he remains on a hiding to nothing.

This squad needs a scalpel taking to it and I felt that after the title win.

We bought the players to get us into the top four, additions won us the league.

What I can't understand are those people who don't see that we can't stand still.

Soriano coming in to the club could change a lot of things and there is a Barca-like revolution going on behind the scenes.

I could see one on the pitch before much longer - if someone such as Guardiola is sounded out.

Agree! You just can't compare City 10 or more years ago and now. It's not like Mancini build this club from nothing, he spent over 300M! And when you see his Inter in Europe or our matches against Dynamo, Napoli, Sporting, Dortmund or Ajax. Coincidence? Really? When we couldn't lose at Napoli or had to beat Ajax... and still didn't perform. And comments about Arsenal? CL final in '06? Or that they always play in KO stages? And Roman's Chelsea in CL?

i♥city! said:
Also i think Mancini might lose the support of the players if he's not careful . In Lescott's post match interview he said "he doesn't think lack of preparation was the problem and that the team prepared very well" totally different from what Mancini said in his post match interview which he had before Lescotts interview , so Lescott knew very well that Mancini's "excuse" to the media was that the team didn't prepare properly but yet he choose to go against that excuse

He was very clearly taking the pressure off the players. He's done it before and has had a good response from it. Think it was after we lost to Everton last season.

I feel a bit sorry for Swansea on Saturday.

i♥city! said:
Malty said:
We need better players.

No we don't ! We can't keep BUYING , BUYING , BUYING !! every single TACTICAL problem = Let's buy players . Its time for Mancini to actually look at the team and bring out the best from what he has . Ajax didn't spend more than 5million in the transfer window . Its time to look at the manager and not the players .

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8193006/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8193006/</a>
You´re right, we can´t keep spending (although RedRom doesn´t seem to think so 200m in 18 months). What we need is to buy the RIGHT players. We could have had Dembele for the price of Rodwell and Cazorla for the price of Garcia - just a thought

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.