Is nuclear war inevitable?

Ahh well, at least I got to see City win the league before it did happen.

Knowing my luck the post-war society will reinvent football again ignoring all that went before.

dennishasdoneit said:
ManCityX said:
Damocles said:
Nobody is arguing that nuclear war wouldn't cause environmental effects, and I'm not sure if dropping 100 bombs in the sub-tropics really discounts with my criteria of 'more than a few'.

And as I have mentioned a couple of times, there is significant debate regarding the proposed damage done by a nuclear war with decent evidence on both sides, and the potential impact on the climate. This is not a settled issue and shouldn't be presented as such.

Is there any subject you don't try and act to be the master of?
was just thinking the same myself. ffs.

I apologise for having knowledge in several often discussed areas on the forum. I can see how this upsets you so much. In future I'll stop with the books and instead beat myself over the head continuously with a mallet so that you feel more comfortable in any discussions.

Damocles said:
dennishasdoneit said:
ManCityX said:
Is there any subject you don't try and act to be the master of?

I apologise for having knowledge in several often discussed areas on the forum. I can see how this upsets you so much. In future I'll stop with the books and instead beat myself over the head continuously with a mallet so that you feel more comfortable in any discussions.

I hope you realize that this is a witnessed verbal contract that we made hold you to.

whp.blue said:
Damocles said:
dennishasdoneit said:

I hope you realize that this is a witnessed verbal contract that we made hold you to.
You do know that he probably knows about the law regarding verbal contracts.

everythingchangesbutblue said:
whp.blue said:
Damocles said:

Mark Hughes!

I would'nt worry about nuclear bombs, its the bio engineered virus' that some madman may release thats the bigger threat imo(and by madman i don't mean a world leader).

A friend of mine is writing a novel on this where a religious zealot develops a race specific virus and then threatens to release it in England.

He says the research has been amazing and it isn't that far fetched a subject.

whp.blue said:
Damocles said:

I know that a verbal contract isn't written down, which I presume counts as somehow proclaiming myself Johnny Cochran

whp.blue said:
I would'nt worry about nuclear bombs, its the bio engineered virus' that some madman may release thats the bigger threat imo(and by madman i don't mean a world leader).

A friend of mine is writing a novel on this where a religious zealot develops a race specific virus and then threatens to release it in England.

I have thought would it be possible to have a race specific virus as im sure the only thing to stop some terrorist outfit is the fact that it would kill them too. I've always thought it would thankfully be impossible because i assume race skin colour means nothing at DNA level. Come on Damocles, is it bollocks or what. I would be more worried about some top brass at some cdc place whos wife has just left him to think "fuck it, i'm takin you all with me"

whp.blue said:

I read an excellent short story about this recently. I recommend it highly.
<a class="postlink" href="http://eidolon.net/?story=The%20Moral%20Virologist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://eidolon.net/?story=The%20Moral%20Virologist</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.