Is our scouting system crap?

Pam fair point I've been banging on about Razak ans Saurez who I think are good enough for the bench. But on here we have fans wanting Garcia, Sinclaire and Rodwell to have more playing time, so where does that put the kids in peoples minds?
Pozo I hope will be a belter, whether in a city shirt I have no idea.

It's probably along the same lines as every other top league club in football when scouting for young talent.

Also not the easiest thing to do with young kids, as we know there is a lot of hit and miss. Go back and check some of the best players to have played the game and see how many were turned down by clubs at a young age or let go only to sign them back again for a big fee a few years later.

I'd imagine these days for scouts it's also almost impossible to find our very own next star without just about all other clubs already knowing about the player they are looking at. With agents crawling all over them if a player shows any kind of ability above the norm at a young age theirs names are no doubt given to every scout and club out there.You only have to look on here and there are youtube clips of lads as young as 14 being called the next star.
You read these days of young kids even as young as 12 having agents it must be a nightmare trying to find a hidden gem somewhere.

Once our new complex is up and running we will have an advantage over other clubs in getting young players to join us and even more so if it starts to turn out players in serious numbers who are turning professional and playing up and down the country.Our scouts will have the added advantage of not only saying come and join City a premiership club but also come and learn your trade at the best academy in the country and hopefully the world, then we might be able to hang on to one or 2 every couple of years who will be our next first team stars of the future.

It's going to take time but we have plenty of it.

One of the roles of Txiki is to oversee the scouting of young players that will be brought into our new academy.

During his time at Barca Txiki had a long list of contacts within South America, this allowed Barca to be able to bring the best young talent into the La Masia academy.

He is now re-establishing those contacts on behalf of our club, so that our academy can be drip fed the talent that lies within this part of the world.

Another role he is under taking is to set deals in place for players that are performing well within their respective clubs & leagues, being able to purchase them on a minimal transfer fee and on a wage structure that does not out weigh what the player can bring to the first team. These players though will be deemed good enough to not only train at the academy but also be utilised by the manager if required.

I have no worries about how our scouting system will be set for the future.

We have great scouts that are checking on the new elite youth and snaring them. In 5 years time we will have youth coming through to rival just about any club on the planet.

Of the current pack I'd say Pozo and Suarez will be first teamers.

What we need is great coaches who teach in an identical manner as the first team ala Ajax and Barca. We need a fluidity from the ground up.

My lad is a promising goalkeeper and has just attended United's Academy where he impressed.
A city scout also clocked him ages ago and I've had to get in touch with him to ask when he might get his trial.
The answer was 'I've given them a prod'
Now that sounds okay but in all honesty I expected it.
Nearly four years ago as a 7 year old my lad was scouted by Liverpool, Everton, United, City, Blackburn and Burnley.
He went to all for trials and attended Platt Lane last (for obvious reasons).
After 6 weeks at City, he didn't want to go again and gave up playing for nearly 2 years.
Why, because their system of assessment and coaching was rubbish and he got fed up.
Liverpool and United clearly thought highly of him but there was no interest shown by my lad to attend their academy's again.
This season, out of the blue, he started playing again and very quickly United and Liverpool asked him back for trials.
I had to contact City myself to tell them he was back playing again, why?!
He's a top talent, even for somebody who's had no coaching for nearly 2 years. He wasn't far off the ability shown by lads at United who had been there 2 or 3 years..!!
So, he waits with baited breath to see if City get in touch in the new year, otherwise he might be off to United again just before Easter, or Liverpool who would love to have him back to develop into a possible registered player..!!

Bojan Krkic Sr., father of the Milan striker, is now working as a chief scout for #mcfc according to TMW. Was a Barca scout from 1997-2011.

Just seen this on Twitter. Yet more Barca staff are now being snapped up it seems!

Good question, Pam. Hopefully it's improving as it seems to be an area that the hierarchy recognises as vital.

As well as kids it would be good to see us unearthing one or two like Ba, Cisse and Corzola, i.e. relatively unknown but talented players at bargain prices.

Newcastle and Wigan seem to have good set-ups and Wenger is the past master.

Tevez City said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJsuDsocPlw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbhQwhLq9jI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_L2nncpNU[/youtube]

What is it with you and posting links to players who really aren't that good.

Going off previous posts of yours on young players we'd currently have a front 4 consisting of bloody Hatem Ben Arfa, Juan Manuel Iturbe and Marko Marin with, of course, Tevez up front on his own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.