Is our squad stronger or weaker than last year?

What do you think?

• Total voters
The strength of the squad at this moment in time is I feel about the same. A top class LB will tip it over into stronger.
However the potential 1st eleven is frightening and is definitely stronger.

It may take some time for the team to initially gel but once they do, and assuming no injuries, then I think the team will be stronger.

An injury to Haaland could really hurt us though.

It will, but I think (and hope) that Palmer will come more into the mix this coming season (assuming he doesn't go out on loan). He looked like the real deal to me, along with McAtee.

Numbers wise weaker as it stands, 2 left backs missing and one forward down.

Definitely stronger due to age profile of the squad.

Two things are important for me -
1. Even if any of the players that left start on fire for their new clubs we must not panic and start the regret posts.

2. We have worked hard to build an academy that produces players capable of the step up - I find it funny that some people who were moaning that we don't bring youth through are now complaining we have not brought in enough quality! Palmer and others will get chances and that has to be a good thing. A lot will depend on avoiding serious injuries but we have more than enough quality in those brought in.

I also strongly suspect we may see one more signing before August so how can anyone think replacing Gabby and Raheem with Haaland & Alvarez is in any way making us weaker. Steffan was ok but Moreno will give Eddie plenty of competition so that makes us stronger. Calvin replacing Ferna in his pomp would have been a downgrade but replacing Ferna at age 37 is an upgrade. I have never been more buzzing for a new season but am realistic and don't expect us to start by winning the first 10 games - peak by December for our usual 14 game winning run will do nicely ha!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.