Is Pep the greatest?

He is , but i think the question mark will be removed if he wins the champions league with us or later.

Mainly coz i have seen it being attributed tk the playeta he had at barca with messi, iniesta and Xavi

The best is obviously Pep Guardiola. He must be. After all this is City's biggest forum and I'm a bitter Berti with my biased blue tinted specs on. Oh hang on, he's only been here 4 seasons. Great manager, our greatest and most successful. We're witnessing fantastic football, the most beautiful football I've ever seen. Many records broken in the EPL and a clean domestic sweep last season. Only time will tell if he is to supercede the trophy haul of a certain Scotsman though...

The best domestic manager in the history of football is Fergie IMHO.

He wrestled the trophies from the grasp of Glasgow powerhouses Celtic and Rangers, winning three league titles, four Scottish Cups, one Scottish League Cup, the Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Super Cup. All this in 8 seasons whilst managing Aberdeen.

Then he went to the rags in 86 and was unsuccessful till '90. Perceived as a failure, his managerial epitaph was(allegedly) already typed out by the press who had inside info on him getting 'sacked in the morning'. Up popped Mark bastard Robins with a very late looping header at Forest, 3rd round FA cup game in '90. And the rest is 'istry as they say, Robins definitely saved Fergie's bacon that day, and they went on to win the cup. And us blues old enough to remember that goal, know how much pain and suffering we've endured whilst he was in charge at the swamp: (

His trophy haul speaks for itself. The squads he's evolved and the youth players that have come through the ranks to have very successful careers under his tenure is there in the football history books. Whether you agree he's the best or not is your opinion. My opinion is as above.

As much I do not like the old pissed red twat.

He could mould teams with star players along shite average ones and made average players into trophy winners.

He could build teams and preserve consitency throughout a season.

You cannot deny his recors as a manger here and in scotland, Still a **** mind

He could mould teams with star players along shite average ones and made average players into trophy winners.

As a fervent blue I fuckin' hated him in charge of the rags mate. I have since mellowed. And as an unbiased football fan It pains me to admit that I have a begrudging respect for the success he has achieved in the game as a manager, especially being a successful manager for the rags for so long.

My apologies if I have draw the wrong conclusion to this post but Pep has won the domestic double and treble in the last two seasons with a team in which only 5 players (Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva, Mahrez and Aguero) had previously won a Premier League title.

He's helped transform players from potentially great players, into top class players (Ederson, Laporte, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Sane, Jesus). And also helped players like Walker, Delph, Stones and Zinchenko become far superior players than we expected.

Pep won 100 pts and smashed numerous records with a backline consisting of Walker, Otamendi, Delph and Stones for most of the season plus two very young and not proven at the highest level wingers in Sterling and Sane. Rags were nowhere doing it with the best defence in the world featuring Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra plus Ronaldo up front and Liverpool might do it with exceptional FBs, best CB and wide forwards in their absolute prime. Pep had no right breaking so many records with those defenders and two youngsters on the wings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.