Is Shay Given world class?

best in prem, by far.

i wonder where that clown is who posted that thread after the fulham game about shay not being up to it ?

Shay is probably just a notch below world class. He's one of, if not the best shot stopper in the world. But, the only place he lack is that he's really just too small to control balls played into the area like Reina (for example) can. He's one of the best or 3 in the Prem, and is one of, if not the best, of Hughes signings...but I just wouldn't call him world class cause he does lag behind in ONE area of being a keeper.

That said, his distribution is not as bad as some make it out to be.

And 2 pen saves to hold onto the points this year. That's pretty remarkable.

I dont know if there is a better keeper in Europe i dont watch that much euro football. But there is no other keeper in the Prem id rather have.

Shay has saved us so many points I have lost count in less than a season that he has been with the club. I would rate him above any keeper in the Premier League. The myth of Cech is slowly coming undone even some Chelski fans are questioning him Reina liable to really dodgy moments Van Der Sar too old and injury prone the only real rival for me at the minute is Brad Friedel. Shay has the skills there is little doubt had he played for the last 10 years at a team like the rags or Chelski then this thread would be a waste of space. Hopefully we can get him the silverware he deserves over the next few years.

best in the prem by a long way - reina a distant 2nd -

In top 3 of world with Buffon and Casillas

Will probably be in the minority here but I think sometimes he makes wrong choices when to/not to come for crosses and his distribution is woeful most of the time

I think it takes a lot to be 'world class' fucking amazing keeper yes, world class not sure!

Saying that I dont think there are many keepers better than him around and definatey top 2 in the prem

I generally regard world class as top 3-4 in your position. So effectively a group of 40-50 players at most. I think Given (just) falls outside that bracket to the likes of Casillas, Asenjo and Reina.

Yesterday from that penalty, he saves us from holding embarrassing 8 consecutive draw, the longest of EPL history. He is the best keeper of EPL and arguing world class goal keeper.

Fanzone Danny said:
Will probably be in the minority here but I think sometimes he makes wrong choices when to/not to come for crosses and his distribution is woeful most of the time

I think it takes a lot to be 'world class' fucking amazing keeper yes, world class not sure!

Saying that I dont think there are many keepers better than him around and definatey top 2 in the prem

If he came for crosses and commanded his area better, he would be the best in the world.

He's behind Pepa Reina for me. Second best in the Prem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.