Is Tevez currently the best player in the world ?

David Villa , Higuain , Ronaldo , Tony Hibbert any of these :)

Just joking .. At the moment Tevez is the best Striker in the Prem , alongside Drogba .

He's definitely up there as oine of the best attacking players in the world.

For me its Messi, Tevez, Drogba, Ronaldo, Villa and Forlan.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/torres-vs-tevez-310777/index8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/torres-vs-tev ... ndex8.html</a>

Probably on form over the lasy year he definitely has to considered as one of the best strikers in the world. 32 goals in 35 games is ridiculous, considering he's playing in a team who aren't creating bucketloads of chances, and he's played upfront on his own for probably around half the games.

The best thing to do is compare him to his peers.

Ronaldo has 31 in 36 at Real Madrid.

Eto'o has 17 in 37 at Inter, although he has played out of position

Milito has 24 in 39 at Inter, but isn't on fire at the minute

Higuain has 31 in 39 for Real Madrid

Messi has 37 in his last 40.

So yeah, there's only Messi with a better ratio, and there's little difference in that.

ono said:
Probably on form over the lasy year he definitely has to considered as one of the best strikers in the world. 32 goals in 35 games is ridiculous, considering he's playing in a team who aren't creating bucketloads of chances, and he's played upfront on his own for probably around half the games.

The best thing to do is compare him to his peers.

Ronaldo has 31 in 36 at Real Madrid.

Eto'o has 17 in 37 at Inter, although he has played out of position

Milito has 24 in 39 at Inter, but isn't on fire at the minute

Higuain has 31 in 39 for Real Madrid

Messi has 37 in his last 40.

So yeah, there's only Messi with a better ratio, and there's little difference in that.

The Tevez figure you used is all comps (still a phenomenal strike rate), the Messi numbers are La Liga only, his figures in all comps since the start of last season are 55 goals in 62 games....... and since the start of the previous season.... 93 goals in 113 games with 38 assists.

Tevez is certainly on current form up there in the top 5 or 6, but Messi even with a slow start to the season is head and shoulders ahead (he still has 8 goals in 9 games this season).....

What would worry me if I were a Man City fan is losing Tevez to injury for any length of time....I know you have a strong squad, but the only player I feel you don't have a replacement for is Tevez........

We have lost our top goalscorer for 4 months, but we are still winning games domestically and in the CL, because we don't now rely on one player to score our goals.....

Tevez has 7 of your last 12 PL goals...... with 5 players with 1 goal each.... that is a heavy reliance on one man....

By comparison, Arsenal for example, have Walcott with 4, Chamakh, Nasri and Arshavin with 3 and 5 players on 1 goal...... therefore even without their two best players RVP and Fabregas, they still manage to score goals.....

It will be interesting to see what happens over the coming months.....

I know many of you say City have had their injury problems, but we have not played the same CB pairing in consecutive games this season, we have used 3GK's, 5 RB's and 8 CB's all due to injuries..... we are still without arguably our 3 best CB's (King, Dawson and Woodgate) and our leading goalscorer.... so to be 5th level with ManUSA and Arsenal I am delighted..... with a trip to the San Siro this week and then a team visiting WHL who have a worse PL record at us than Man City do..... hopefully 3 more points on Saturday will put pressure on you, Arsenal and ManUSA...... (if we get something from Inter Milan I will be very happy) .....

he certainly isnt the best player in the world. imo that falls to messi, ronaldo, xavi, iniesta and sneijder.

however it can be argued he is certainly the best striker on current form.

Arry is Bent said:
Without being at all bias I honestly would say he is.

Just simply unbelievable and pissing on Messi this season.

Discuss...

Top 10 but currently the best player along with Drogba in the prem

No he's not, getting closer though.

And i'd have him ahead of Van Persie not matter how fit he was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.