Is Tevez part of the problem or the Solution?

Lavinda Past said:
Tevez is a twat, but as long as he's our twat, I'm happy to watch him play.

Truth be told, Tevez 2012-13 ain't a patch on Tevez 2010-11, and is only marginally better than Tevez 2011-12. His running around covers the fact that he's as 'off form' as the rest of 'em.

He's in danger of replacing Darren Huckerby as Forrest Gump.

He'll probably be gone in January and I'm pretty sure we won't miss him if he does go.

Jesus I thought I posted some shite on here,but I now have a challenger,congratulations fella

andyhinch said:
Davs 19 said:
andyhinch said:
We need a dynamic mid not another fucking attacker, sorry went into Hitler mod there

Got it. Phil Jones ;.)
even our budgie could outrun that twat

fixed<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:09 pm --<br /><br />
meeesh said:
Lavinda Past said:
Tevez is a twat, but as long as he's our twat, I'm happy to watch him play.

Truth be told, Tevez 2012-13 ain't a patch on Tevez 2010-11, and is only marginally better than Tevez 2011-12. His running around covers the fact that he's as 'off form' as the rest of 'em.

He's in danger of replacing Darren Huckerby as Forrest Gump.

He'll probably be gone in January and I'm pretty sure we won't miss him if he does go.

Jesus I thought I posted some shite on here,but I now have a challenger,congratulations fella

Shite it may be, but it's quality shite. When it comes true, you'll wish you'd written it.

If you want more quality shite.... Let's see what happens if a big bid comes in for Aguero... There's a 'want-away' player if I've ever seen one - He's had his head turned and will probably be gone before next season starts.

Tevez is an exceptional player, but there's a grain of truth in your post. One of the reasons why our play became so scintillating at the start of last season was that we suddenly started playing pass and move, one and two touch football, breaking and attacking at pace. Everything was going through silva, aguero and that was the way we overpowered teams. Watch the 6-1 and you'll see it, possession and penetration, the opposition chasing shadows. One and two touch fast football. It was partly because we had no Tevez slowing things up.

With Tevez it's all or nothing. He can score some brilliant solo goals and he works his bollocks off. But his natural game is not one touch pass and move. He receives the ball and often runs at people. Sometimes it comes off and he creates himself or someone else a chance. Sometimes it doesn't and he loses possession. He's a better player than nasri, and brings a lot more to the table, but like nasri he loses us something as well. Fluency and speed. When both of them are in the team you get what we got on Tuesday and at west ham: lots of possession but slower build up player and less razor sharp penetration.

It's a conundrum because I believe he and aguero are our best strikers. He gets goals. But he does affect us too and in some ways nullifies what can be our biggest weapon.

Didsbury Dave said:
Tevez is an exceptional player, but there's a grain of truth in your post. One of the reasons why our play became so scintillating at the start of last season was that we suddenly started playing pass and move, one and two touch football, breaking and attacking at pace. Everything was going through silva, aguero and that was the way we overpowered teams. Watch the 6-1 and you'll see it, possession and penetration, the opposition chasing shadows. One and two touch fast football. It was partly because we had no Tevez slowing things up.

With Tevez it's all or nothing. He can score some brilliant solo goals and he works his bollocks off. But his natural game is not one touch pass and move. He receives the ball and often runs at people. Sometimes it comes off and he creates himself or someone else a chance. Sometimes it doesn't and he loses possession. He's a better player than nasri, and brings a lot more to the table, but like nasri he loses us something as well. Fluency and speed. When both of them are in the team you get what we got on Tuesday and at west ham: lots of possession but slower build up player and less razor sharp penetration.

It's a conundrum because I believe he and aguero are our best strikers. He gets goals. But he does affect us too and in some ways nullifies what can be our biggest weapon.

Samir Nasri is a better all-round footballer than Tevez. We've not seen the best of him yet - Be patient.
We've seen the best of Tevez and he's now on the downhill - tries too hard for himself rather than the team.

My opinion, but I'm usually right.<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:40 pm --<br /><br />
andyhinch said:
God I love optimism, it's the only reason I come on here

I'm on holiday up here for a bit, basking in the warm glow of Diddly Dave's smugness.

glow

tevez is fantastic, he encourages other players to try harder, its no coincidence when he came back the team was reinvigorated on the whole, and too the poster who said aguero wants to leave, give your head a fucking wobble, hes been here a year, scored the biggest goal of his career and life here.

Lavinda Past said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Samir Nasri is a better all-round footballer than Tevez. We've not seen the best of him yet - Be patient.
We've seen the best of Tevez and he's now on the downhill - tries too hard for himself rather than the team.

My opinion, but I'm usually right.

-- Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:40 pm --

andyhinch said:
God I love optimism, it's the only reason I come on here

I'm on holiday up here for a bit, basking in the warm glow of Diddly Dave's smugness.

glow
Can some reflect on me

Me

Me

Me

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
tevez is fantastic, he encourages other players to try harder, its no coincidence when he came back the team was reinvigorated on the whole, and too the poster who said aguero wants to leave, give your head a fucking wobble, hes been here a year, scored the biggest goal of his career and life here.

Wrong on so many levels. He'll probably be gone in Jan, next summer at the latest.

Counting the days.

Counting.

Davs 19 said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:

Wrong on so many levels. He'll probably be gone in Jan, next summer at the latest.

Counting the days.

Counting.

how is that wrong on so many levels?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.