Is the England national team good or bad for City players?

Dont know why any players would want to play for England , our media and fans absolutely hammer any player who makes a mistake or steps out of line its been like this for decades , if McGuire had made the same mistake as Stones i would have slaughtered him , because sometimes its just an excuse to belittle rival clubs footballers.
Very true. I had the misfortune of stumbling on how the inbred wankers down the m62 got behind one of England’s finest after the game.

Just so you don’t have to click on the link, ‘Anfield ace’ Nat Philips would never have made such an error. I’ve no idea how they know this because he must have played all of a dozen games for them, but there you go.

It's neither good nor bad for development, it's a couple of weeks a year, it has no real impact on development. Do we want our players playing for their national team? That's situational, for somebody like Torres who isn't getting a sniff it's good, could have been good for Ake had he been a week or so further down the line, good for sterling to try and find some confidence, for others who have been influential this season they don't need the extra game time and we could have done with getting rest into them and for anybody who has an off game when in good form it's not going to be a good thing.

Personally I'd scrap internationals entirely during the season. Have the qualifiers all at once over a 2-3 week period during the non-tournament off seasons after the season has ended, and use the free international weeks to condense the season to make sure the players still get their post season breaks. Clubs don't get rhyhhms broken up, don't have to worry about travelling and injuries mid-season and the international managers get a number of consecutive weeks together to really get their tactics across to the players. It all makes too much sense to be implemented though.

There's nothing wrong with seeing different systems, playing with different styles of players, building some more dynamic patterns to learn off of, and come back to apply some specific skills to the club team. There's injury risk but players get injured in the offseason too, but without new skills being learned.

Bad, lower standard of football and a considerably poorer coach who can offer our players nothing.

At the same time we were seething that Coton didnt get a cap but the likes of Ian Walker did. Used to be a big thing having international players but the squad system and number of international games and substitutes somewhat dilutes it. Years ago only elite players would reach say 50 caps, now international squad players can rack that up.

There is the story that Coton not getting capped had Peter Swales controlling that. If Coton did play for England, City would have had to cough up more money to Watford. Swales was pretty high up in the FA at the time and had his influence to make sure Coton never got capped. Typical City.

Very true. I had the misfortune of stumbling on how the inbred wankers down the m62 got behind one of England’s finest after the game.

Just so you don’t have to click on the link, ‘Anfield ace’ Nat Philips would never have made such an error. I’ve no idea how they know this because he must have played all of a dozen games for them, but there you go.

I thought he was in the Scouse national squad.

There is the story that Coton not getting capped had Peter Swales controlling that. If Coton did play for England, City would have had to cough up more money to Watford. Swales was pretty high up in the FA at the time and had his influence to make sure Coton never got capped. Typical City.
Have heard that, TC was definitely good enough to play for England. Shame how it ended for him with us.

Halting the leagues to accommodate Internationals is never a good thing especially when a team like ours as momentum going into the final phase. It is an unwanted distraction. When you watch England it is literally like watching paint dry. Stale, slow and one dimensional football that looks like it has been crafted from a Mk1 computerised chess game. It also puts players in jeopardy of injury and leaves supporters bored waiting for the return of the EPL. The one positive I guess is that Torres got to play and score (Spain) and Raheem had chance to play through his poor patch without it effecting our results. Otherwise, pointless!!

i think international football is garbage now, for me it seemed to go downhill not long after Italia 90, far to many games playing 2nd rate European teams,over stretched qualifying groups,its just turned into a money spinner for the TV, god knows why people would pay their hard earned cash to watch it and its not good for our players, what benefit would they possibly get for turning out for England v San Marino

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.