Is the league cup enough for you?

I'm happy, we won a cup scored loads of goals, yes hoped we went fervor in the CL & FA cup but some times it's not your day, and i don't buy the media crap about squads, Chelsea Arsenal and Liverpool all have star players !

Hard to see it as a failure for me considering how we've done in Europe and how tight the title race has been for years which shows the quality of the other three teams. It's best to forget the FA Cup exit...

Yes those early fuck up's against Villa, Cardiff, S'land haven't helped. Not to mention terrible performances in the 0-0 draws to Stoke and Norwich. We probably should have the league wrapped up but too many individual errors, bad run of injuries and complacent performances have hurt us.

For a first season I'm feeling fine about it. You have to remember Pellegrini's system is very different to Mancini's which was bound to cause some issues at times. The high line, frequent offside trap and pressing especially, not to mention the way in which we've played with two strikers often and basically had wing backs bombing on frequently.

This season isn't over by any means, something to be positive about.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
One is ok for me but I will still be disappointed as at that point we had a chance of four!

I have concerns about Pellegrini in the really big games.

Is he right at the top of the tree management wise or the next rung down?

Agree, Pellers has a track record of winning nothing important but I have enjoyed our season so far. Frank Sidebottom could've managed this team too (RIP) however its not over yet, we'll fight till the end & I'm 100% behind the squad, Pellers, the cheeky boys and of course our magnificent Sheikh.

Till the end

Would be disappointing, but we've had it worse so shouldnt get carried away if we don't win it.

One trophy and CL qualification is hardly what you'd call a train wreck.

A cup and top three so probably yes.

Next season no. A couple of key purchases and sell Sinclair and we are set.

rickmcfc said:
Pellegrini's mandate was 5 trophies in 5 years, that's on average 1 per season. From season 1 I think that 1 trophy is satisfying. Next year we will be better and stronger, hopefully get rid if some of the fringe players who simply are not good enough.

Well said that's my opinion.

wythenshaweblue£££ said:
rickmcfc said:
Pellegrini's mandate was 5 trophies in 5 years, that's on average 1 per season. From season 1 I think that 1 trophy is satisfying. Next year we will be better and stronger, hopefully get rid if some of the fringe players who simply are not good enough.

Well said that's my opinion.

Well I ain't being funny but if that means 5 Carling Cups in 5 years then I think there are some heads need a wobble

Aguero out for 3 months, Nasri out for 2 months, Silva out for 2 months, Kompany out for 2 months, Fernandinho out for a month, Yaya Toure now out for a month, Negredo & Dzeko playing through injuries, Jovetic not getting going, Nastasic out for 6 months, all but Kolarov, Navas and Milner being injured at some point during the season?

Yeah, I'll take a trophy, an improvement in Europe and vast strides of progress of the pitch this season.

In answer to the original question: "if we don't win the league this year, it'll have to be because I'm not going anywhere else anytime soon".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.