Is the league cup enough for you?

southstander93 said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
Supporting Manchester City is enough for me.

+1.

Face facts, we are never going to win every trophy every year. Thinking it is their divine right to win a trophy is something we have hated about the scum for so long, yet a league cup and probably runners up in the league isn't a good enough achievement for us? If we don't win the title, I will still have witnessed a season composing of attacking football, well over 100 goals, two derby wins, the demolition of Arsenal and Spurs, City at the Nou Camp, two good cup runs, the League Cup, and a day at Wembley that I won't be forgetting any time soon. We waited 35 years for a trophy, what is the rush to have them all at once? They will come, but not if we start binning managers like Chelsea do.

Don't they have the most trophies of any side in the last ten years?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
southstander93 said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

+1.

Face facts, we are never going to win every trophy every year. Thinking it is their divine right to win a trophy is something we have hated about the scum for so long, yet a league cup and probably runners up in the league isn't a good enough achievement for us? If we don't win the title, I will still have witnessed a season composing of attacking football, well over 100 goals, two derby wins, the demolition of Arsenal and Spurs, City at the Nou Camp, two good cup runs, the League Cup, and a day at Wembley that I won't be forgetting any time soon. We waited 35 years for a trophy, what is the rush to have them all at once? They will come, but not if we start binning managers like Chelsea do.

Don't they have the most trophies of any side in the last ten years?

Yep people scoffed at them but their sacking underachieving managers policy got them results.

I was dead happy with it when we won it as at least it was one in the bank if all the others go pear-shaped.

Still in with a chance of the League - what's to complain about.

I am loving the ride - every minute of it.

rickmcfc said:
Pellegrini's mandate was 5 trophies in 5 years, that's on average 1 per season. From season 1 I think that 1 trophy is satisfying. Next year we will be better and stronger, hopefully get rid if some of the fringe players who simply are not good enough.

The two rat's, undermined Bobby, lost us a season and two transfer windows because they viewed him as threat to their gravy train. Any manager will struggle while those self serving twats are involved.

BlakeTheBlue said:

Well said that man.

I don't recognise the traits currently on display in this thread.

Maybe we should be winning the league with the team we've got this season, but if we finished the season with only the league cup then that's still an improvement on last season where we won nothing, and it's miles better than the shit we had to put up with for the few decades before the takeover!

BillyShears said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

Well said that man.

I don't recognise the traits currently on display in this thread.

Billy, you take hypocrisy to the level of an art form, you really do.

The squad has underachieved this season by every arbiter you listed last year (ad nausea) as being absolutely pivotal to our future. We either win the league or your once so precious "momentum" simply isn't there and by your often ( very often) stated criteria we should sack the manager.

But. Hey ho! It's a new world now where supporting the club is suddenly sufficient to you, just as it was to the rest of us last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.