Is the league cup enough for you?

Yup. Said at the start of the season third and a trophy and I stand by that. Throw in getting to the knockout stages of the CL and I'm content. We're never going to win every game and every trophy so there's always room for improvement which is the way it should be.

No. We are underachieving. We should be winning more than we are domestically, especially the league where it's over a larger amount of games.

It seems something is wrong in our club in that we have a spectacular array of players but they seem to have a poor mentality. Do we need to hire a psychologist?

We should have a season where we piss the league much as the rags and Chelsea have in recent history.

super_city_si said:
No. We are underachieving. We should be winning more than we are domestically, especially the league where it's over a larger amount of games.

It seems something is wrong in our club in that we have a spectacular array of players but they seem to have a poor mentality. Do we need to hire a psychologist?

We should have a season where we piss the league much as the rags and Chelsea have in recent history.

It's that big club mentality that we miss, had out players been playing in a Bayern Munich shirt, a Madrid shirt, even a United shirt we would have walked the league because of the belief.

We a young club in regards to the big time, it will take time to get a consistent no nonsense winning mentality!

If we end up with the Charity Shield and a League Cup for the last 2 seasons we have been completely mis-managed.

Liverpool, WIgan, Chelsea, Manure and possibly Arsenal will have picked up more prestigious silverware over that period.

Thinking anything else is small time.

BlakeTheBlue said:
Supporting Manchester City is enough for me.

+1.

Face facts, we are never going to win every trophy every year. Thinking it is their divine right to win a trophy is something we have hated about the scum for so long, yet a league cup and probably runners up in the league isn't a good enough achievement for us? If we don't win the title, I will still have witnessed a season composing of attacking football, well over 100 goals, two derby wins, the demolition of Arsenal and Spurs, City at the Nou Camp, two good cup runs, the League Cup, and a day at Wembley that I won't be forgetting any time soon. We waited 35 years for a trophy, what is the rush to have them all at once? They will come, but not if we start binning managers like Chelsea do.

super_city_si said:

I agree we are underachieving. I know some like to look where we were years ago and see it as madness how we would be disappointed with just one cup but we have an amazing squad, most of our key players are in the prime of their footballing careers right now and this is when we should be cleaning up at least domestically especially with the rags in decline and Chelsea without a decent striker but instead we're not. I know it's not over but finishing second this season will be a complete failure for me. We have the best team, we've seen what that team can do when the players/manager get things right so we should have walked the league this season as next will be a hundred times tougher to win.

It was nice to win the cup but I just can't see that, a spanking by Barca and finishing behind Liverpool as a good season.

We will be considered the most underachieving team in history. One charity shield and the reserve cup in 2 years!

No no and no again. We are hugely underachieving with the quality of players we have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.