Is there a lack of intensity in our game? If so, how do we solve it?

Mmmmmm. Where are they compared with us? Youth is good but can’t play all season. Need to be eased in as per Foden

I wasn’t comparing league positions and obviously we wouldn’t be starting say 5 youth players.

The comparison is in energy and stamina levels. Just bringing in foden would make a difference

City's dip is down to injuries - it's temporary. But the damage is done. And the injured players wont be back for some weeks yet.

This is exactly it. Really shit bad luck. I just hope the dippers have some of our bad luck from this month till end of season! It’s started with Fabinho - Mane next ☠️

Agree with most of that except Sane......I think he is gone and I dont think even when fit he will be too bothered. Itssuch a shame as a committed Sane has the potential to be the best in the world and when he gets the move he obviously wants i think we will see him absolutely destroy the Bundesleague

yep, dont disagree, was just saying he is a loss / difference for us from last seasons

1. Not impressed with either Rodri or Cancelo but let's give them time.
2. Foden. Agree
3. Fatigue. Agree
4. bernardo. Agree. But I know he will come back.
5. Agree. It was obvious the moment Laporte got injured we'd be unable to compete with Liverpool
6. I admire them. Their football is nowhere near the level we produced but to keep winning games is fantastic. Their best players: TAA (as a winger not a full-back), Mane, VVD and Salah are incredible. Every bit as good as our stars (KDB, Bernardo, Sterling).

re point 6, not sure if you’re on Twitter, but Martian Mole on there did a thought provoking thread recently about Liverpool/ FSG in terms of fitness.

Its normal human behaviour imo.

The last 2 seasons were intense as fuck. The work rate has never been seen before. The incessant drive never seen before.

You win back to backs including a domestic quadruple as a result of your slavish, superhero level of effort.

At some stage you're going to think 'proved how good I am / we are, achieved my / our goals, made myself/ ourselves legends, I'm having a season off'.

The lads are humans not robots.

This lull was always going to come. No one can be that intense all the time.

I do believe they are a bit drained and the way events have gone this season, I suspect they also feel like it's just not going to be their year for the title and confidence and belief have slipped a bit. I've often questioned the mental strength of City sides over the past ten years but I am not ready to do so: I think they can be forgiven some mental fatigue.

Every time Gundogan got the ball he went backwards yesterday. Every time Silva gets it he goes forwards. Gundogan offers little for me. We must start using Foden more for some dynamism in midfield. It's almost criminal.

The last two games have bored me to tears.

I don't see Foden in for Gundogan. I see him replacing David Silva. Gundogan is suspended for Burnley anyway. I'd drop Silva play Foden with Fern and Rodri in centre midfield. We need more energy, drive, passion, urgency - everything we had over the last 2 seasons. Like you I found yesterday slow, predictable and dull.

He has been useless as a defender. He had a good game against Chelsea but generally he has been very poor. He may not have cost us the first goal at Newcastle but he didn't react and close the man down. He was at fault for the 2nd although whether it was a free-kick I am not sure. For some reason every mistake Ota makes is highlighted but when Fern does similar it is ignored.

You keep calling the defence and Fern as a defender useless but that is simply extreme language and untrue.

I appreciate attacking a 10 man defence isn't easy, but we’re not dragging teams out, dragging them around the pitch, and disrupting their defensive lines like we’ve been doing for the last 2 season’s. Teams are camping in, flooding the box with players, and we keep on trying to get through the middle of them.

Have opposing managers and teams sussed us out, or have we run out of ideas and options to break these defensive lines down?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.