Is there any point in expanding the stadium now?

YES, make it huge and bring the prices down to let the working man and his family attend, free public transport to the game, give football back to the common man.
Talking to someone last night about such things as Transport and getting to and from games. We have a new indoor arena being built next to the stadium, which they have already said will sometimes clash with the football. Nothing about the infrastructure around the stadium being said. After visiting Germany to watch City, all transport on the day of the game was free as long as you were in possession of a match ticket. After the game literally hundreds of buses to transport people away from the stadium. I think the hassle of getting to night matches, parking, queues and such are already putting people off and I can only see it getting worse.

Talking to someone last night about such things as Transport and getting to and from games. We have a new indoor arena being built next to the stadium, which they have already said will sometimes clash with the football. Nothing about the infrastructure around the stadium being said. After visiting Germany to watch City, all transport on the day of the game was free as long as you were in possession of a match ticket. After the game literally hundreds of buses to transport people away from the stadium. I think the hassle of getting to night matches, parking, queues and such are already putting people off and I can only see it getting worse.
Transportation in the UK is a disgrace, again something that needs to change urgently.

You can still count at your age ? Well done ;-)
I agree, a rush of blood to the head by the owners. An apology from them, neglecting to involve their loyal fan base, would be nice, but they've withdrawn, so all those that proclaim City til I die, and desert the club, are hypocrites. Well done on the 55 years!

If the rags, dippers and the Spanish guys had fucked off I wouldn't have given a shit. I would still be there. It is not the way of our owners to explain anything, they never do, but without an explanation of why we got in bed with the back stabbing bastards, I think I will be out.
So to answer the OP, no.

That’s you though, who knows if everything will be forgiven for a certain percentage of fans.
There were loads saying that’s it I’m done, some will forgive, some would have just been drama queens and some might actually be done.
Who knows.
Add to that people may be on their arse (financially) from covid.
Absolutely no doubt the financial effect will be and is in many cases a very serious issue.

Hence why football has to get back to the real world, charge affordable admission prices and stop giving average/decent players obscene wages.

The very best deserve to be rewarded appropriately, but it seems to me a lot of very average skilled people are paid far, far to much.

I go to the Super League Grand Final at the Swamp most years and you get free travel on the Met with your match ticket.

Not really, I can see us losing a lot of match going fans over this. The repercussions could be huge.Far fetched maybe but I can see a lot of youngsters starting to choose other clubs to support.Big clubs like Everton, West Ham, Villa may gain some future fans over this.
It'll be forgotten by the beginning of the new season.
In fact, it'll probably be forgotten by the end of this one.
Most of us will already be feeling differently after watching the team play last night.

I’m going to offer a worst case scenario based on existing prices. For us older supporters I think we will be lucky to see a full house at the Etihad ever again. You young lads might do but it’ll take ten to fifteen years if nothing changes. COVID has turned 25% of fans away, ESL fiasco another 25%. The hardcore is probably down to 15,000 now with a further 10,000 matchday sales. Average attendances likely to be 25-30k for the next 4-5 years.
The way around it is to re-engage with supporters and give us what we want. Affordable tickets, less emphasis on corporate facilities and do away with the obscene Gold, Platinum system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.