Is there any way back into fans’ hearts for Cancelo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there is. Fans are fickle as fuck. Last minute winner against any of the top blah blah blah and he’s statue worthy…

Not all of that paragraph is true…

If half of what I heard about his behaviour is true, then I would be amazed if he ever plays for Pep again. Quite aside from that, Ake is a miles better left back, not quite so cultured, but a great defender who gets the odd goal as well. And we have Kyle and Rico on the right. Cancelo is yesterdays news hopefully.

If he gets his head down, doesn’t say a word if he’s not playing and grafts harder than he’s ever done in his life, he might have 1/2 a chance of resurrecting his career at City. I’m not sure either party wants that.
After he celebrated when Erling missed that penalty, he has got some convincing to do with his teammates too.

Has there ever been a bigger humbling of a single player in the entirety of football ? The lad has just watched his team mates reach footballing Nirvana, there’s no way that won’t annoy him (given his attitude) going into training every day & seeing treble paraphernalia everywhere, he’s also just done the footballing version of the Kerch bridge, I wouldn’t be shocked to see him turnout in pre season to help engineer a move, but going forward his time is done

Not sure he can be trusted to do that. I've no idea what went on last season but he clearly became quite toxic and I got the feeling this also affected other players like foden at one stage. If he's learned his lesson that no one is bigger than the club and brings a better attitude along with his obvious talent then who knows. I'd be surprised though unless we are just making a stand on not letting him go on the cheap.
Jao may well be toxic but Foden’s form is Phil’s responsibility.

Last edited:
If half of what I heard about his behaviour is true, then I would be amazed if he ever plays for Pep again. Quite aside from that, Ake is a miles better left back, not quite so cultured, but a great defender who gets the odd goal as well. And we have Kyle and Rico on the right. Cancelo is yesterdays news hopefully.
Kyle is trying to force a transfer to Bayern.

Kyle is trying to force a transfer to Bayern.
Is he really, or is it the annual summer saga of the German rags trying to unsettle our players. Up to now they have been linked with Kyle, Phillips, Laporte and Alvarez (on loan). I may be wrong, but I think Kyle will be with us next year, fingers crossed.

Oh, João’s attitude is so frightful
But Nathan Aké is so delightful
Cancelo is a class below
Let him go, let him go, let him go!
Anyone who can shoehorn into 'Bluemoon' the wondrous talents of Jules Styne and Sammy Cahn deserves 'Star Pupil of the Day' and to go to the Headteacher's office for some Dolly Mixtures.

Cap doffed in your general direction, sir..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.