Is this our biggest game in 29 years.

Gillingham is definitely the biggest game we've played in recent years for obvious reasons of course. However wednesday will be my first ever semi final watching City, and to be honest if we get beat, we get beat, i won't be too disheartened. A significant amount of progress is being made at our club, and slowly but surely these sort of fixtures will be common place. The future is very bright.

TTTCITYBHOY said:
dw7 said:
belive me gillingham was a much much much bigger game than this
Was this when "fergietime" was born :)

No. Fergie time was born in the 92-93 season when Villa had the league all wrapped up until a ref let Fergie play 8 minutes extra time, turn a 1-0 defeat into a 2-1 win and take the league.

Damocles said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:

No. Fergie time was born in the 92-93 season when Villa had the league all wrapped up until a ref let Fergie play 8 minutes extra time, turn a 1-0 defeat into a 2-1 win and take the league.
Didn't they have a game against Sheff Wed like that around that time too?

Damocles said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:

Now, I hate those rag bastards but to claim that villa had the league won is a bit rich! I think the fuckers won it by 10 points that year.

I remember Quinny putting us 1 up in about Feb and thought that we've fucked them over until someone I can't recall got an equaliser.

quinny's disco pants said:
dw7 said:
belive me gillingham was a much much much bigger game than this
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ DEFFO THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Without doubt. Let's not get so caught up in our current situation that we forget where we came from. Despite whatever comes in the future, that game is the biggest our club will ever have.

Hamburg at home for me.

I reckon that winning the UEFA Cup would have been a better achievement than winning the Carling Cup ....... especially as it's a european trophy.

Although winning either would obviously end our long wait for a trophy.

Gillingham was a mammoth game for us , no doubt about it ..... but the lower league level of the oppostion doesn't put it in the same bracket as this United semi , or the Hamburg quarter-final game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.