Is this our biggest game in 29 years.

Perhaps the best way to put it is that Gillingham was more important in terms of the club surviving as a potential force in English football but tomorrow is the biggest game in 29 years terms of achievement, impact, publicity, and changing the wider perception of the club.

It's not just for City fans this ..the entire football watching nation cannot wait for the kick off.It has taken the much maligned League Cup and put it firmly right back on the map..where it belongs and City alone have done this.
It was the manner of the Gillingham game that gave it its greatness..To go through to our first major final in 29 years and to do it by beating our local rivals (read thick rag bastards) would be as good as it gets.
The Guy with the chequebook will be watching this one with his mates and although they have tried to mute us by sticking us 3/4 of a mile up in the sky we will make him proud and our lads will do too.
This is the big one but small compared to those to come.
Come on you blue bastards!

Dennis Tuearts MGBGT said:
It's not just for City fans this ..the entire football watching nation cannot wait for the kick off.It has taken the much maligned League Cup and put it firmly right back on the map..where it belongs and City alone have done this.
It was the manner of the Gillingham game that gave it its greatness..To go through to our first major final in 29 years and to do it by beating our local rivals (read thick rag bastards) would be as good as it gets.
The Guy with the chequebook will be watching this one with his mates and although they have tried to mute us by sticking us 3/4 of a mile up in the sky we will make him proud and our lads will do too.

Hmmm.

blue bastards is not something we read on here on a regular basis.

as others have said this has taken on a significance beyond any other carling cup game. gillingham mean the world to us. this means something to the world.

and if we win, the feelgood factor could be an enormous boost to the rest of our season, which most definitely is the most important in 29 years...

I was at both semi legs in 69/70 and it`s no big deal `cos it`s only the league cup. Mind you, we`d just won the league and FA cup in them glorious days.
IMO every league fixture until the season ends is more important than a league cup semi but we must win it just to piss off the rags and show our superiority !

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Dennis Tuearts MGBGT said:

Hmmm.

blue bastards is not something we read on here on a regular basis.
was thinking the same thing myself

Gillingham game for me. I hope in the remaining years I have left, that I don't have to watch a game were if City lose it, then by the following monday the club I love won't even exist. Having said that we have moved on and I haven't slept properly since Tuesday, I have constant butterflies in the pit of my stomach!!

it may not be the biggest but is the most Important one. It’s the question mark in the first line in the first paragraph in the future of Manchester City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.