Is this our biggest game in 29 years.

Biggest game or routine dismissal of average opponents on the way to the first of many trophies? We've got to start somewhere, why not the swamp?

plattlaneregular said:
Damocles said:
No. Fergie time was born in the 92-93 season when Villa had the league all wrapped up until a ref let Fergie play 8 minutes extra time, turn a 1-0 defeat into a 2-1 win and take the league.

Now, I hate those rag bastards but to claim that villa had the league won is a bit rich! I think the fuckers won it by 10 points that year.

I remember Quinny putting us 1 up in about Feb and thought that we've fucked them over until someone I can't recall got an equaliser.

Hmm, they might have done. Was this the season that Bruce headered two in against Wednesday? I seem to think that they won the league because of that?

Royaloak said:
it seems HUGE at the moment, but we'll look back at this in a year or two and smile about how het up we got about it. Premiership titles, F.A. Cup wins and Champions League finals await us and this will all seem very small time to us.

This will always be a huge game, like Gillingham will always be a huge game in our histroy. It has the potential to shape the direction the club goes both short and long term.

Damocles said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:
Was this when "fergietime" was born :)

No. Fergie time was born in the 92-93 season when Villa had the league all wrapped up until a ref let Fergie play 8 minutes extra time, turn a 1-0 defeat into a 2-1 win and take the league.
HOW DARE YOU BUTT IN HERE,YOU SHOULD BE FIXING SOMETHING (or getting some sleep mate) YOU KNOW ALL YOU.Keep up the good work ,tis a pleasure to be on this forum..CTID.

Gillingham will eclipse even a European Cup Final. (but I'm willing to find out)

If it wasn't for that we'd have been stuck in the 3rd tier for years with 15k crowds.

GStar said:
Royaloak said:
it seems HUGE at the moment, but we'll look back at this in a year or two and smile about how het up we got about it. Premiership titles, F.A. Cup wins and Champions League finals await us and this will all seem very small time to us.

This will always be a huge game, like Gillingham will always be a huge game in our histroy. It has the potential to shape the direction the club goes both short and long term.

Nah - Gillingham will live on forevermore as the tide turning, but we've played them in a semi before and after a few finals and several trophy's, this will be just another semi - whatever happens on Wednesday.

Royaloak said:
GStar said:

Nah - Gillingham will live on forevermore as the tide turning, but we've played them in a semi before and after a few finals and several trophy's, this will be just another semi - whatever happens on Wednesday.

Possibly but it could be looked back on as us arriving... espeically if things go our way in the next few years... It could been as the tie which began the tidal change between ourselves and our neighbours in "m16".

gilling ham for me too if we get knocked out we get knock out been a good season no matter how you look at it semi final of a cup safe by mid jan in the league, stillwith a good chance of a top 4 finish ,and reached the fifth round of the fa cup now thats improvement

GStar said:
Royaloak said:

Possibly but it could be looked back on as us arriving... espeically if things go our way in the next few years... It could been as the tie which began the tidal change between ourselves and our neighbours in "m16".

Hope so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.