Is this Pep's best version of City?

Our subs: Steffens, Ake, Stones, Fernandinho, Grealish, Jesus, Gundogan. Compare that to Chelsea’s or Liverpool’s and we clearly have less depth. Other than Gundogan and Stones, who is a top player? We are still a great team, and I think this City could beat 17-19 City on UCL, but that’s mostly how Pep has evolved the team than City actually having a better squad.
Ake is pretty good.

Hard to believe back in the day that we were told that players like Lee Bradbury and Jo would improve the team.
Back then you would be pretty crap if you did not improve that team. And pretty crap those two were.

I think Pep is better than he was in 2018, but City aren’t as good, if that makes sense? We’re not as exciting or as lethal, but Pep is much more smarter now and he wins the matches with little tweaks which we never really saw 4 years ago. It’s a hard one to answer, but if we win the treble this season then you’d have to say this City team is the best.

I think i agree that the Centurians team were better than this one, but I think this squad is better. With the Centurians, if Vinny or Sergio or particularly Silva or KDB were absent we were noticably poorer. This current squad can keep up the level with pretty much any absence (although an injury to Rodri worries me hugely)

I find it quite difficult to compare but you might be right. Definitely the squad is stronger but Pep has also evolved - for the better.

One important difference is that our opponents have adapted and the bus parking has got more and more prevalent so it is much harder for our play to be expansive and exciting.

A front three though of Sane Aguero Sterling backed by KDB, Merlin & Dinho was very special.

The best could be yet to come.

Like most I would wait until the end of the Season. As it stands I’d go for the Centurions for the style of play and the big hitters.
Today’s squad is more rounded though.

18/19 imo, we should of won everything that year.

Centurions, while we were so good going forward, we were quite open at the back at times, something that cost us that season. especially against liverpool, it's also hard to compare as teams will never play against us like that again, I mean for about 3 quarters of the season, teams still had the belief that they could close down eddy, which just made it easy for the team to play around the press at times. Most exciting team to watch tho imo.

Last year, we were very good and very consistent, especially without a striker.

This year with the control we have on games, if we can add even a 20+ goals a game striker to this team then we would be better than the 18/19 imo.

Pep's best combined 11 for me is
Ederson
Walker Dias Kompany Cancelo
D Silva Fernandinho Debruyne
Foden Aguero Sterling

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.