Is this season turning into a race for 40 points? AGAIN

djspam said:
bluedemo316 said:
It was a question, not a statement. Silly me i thought this was a forum for disscussion of Man City but it just seemed filled with ignornant and illiterate people such as yourself.

P.S illiterate means having or demonstrating very little or no education.

Although I don't agree with you completely you have not deserved some of the replies you have received. I can see your point to a certain extent.

We were a FUCKING shambles on Monday night and it is frustrating considering the way have shown we can play. The fact that we have rescued a point from a ten man team who will be fighting relegation is not good enough but off course things will take time.

On another point how high and mighty do some of the posters on here think they are?????

He joined on the 1st of Sept - does that not make him a city fan? He has been slated by posters who do not like what he has said? It is his opinion, if you don't like it then don't reply instead of having a go at the guy.

I see the 'click' on here is still well and truely in force.

Isn't is 'clique' ?

Maybe im wrong, not sure :)

City Raider said:
We're too quick to blame our defenders. If Chelseas back four played behind our midfielld, they'd concede goals. Teams get to our back four too easily and we don't have enough players working hard enough in midfield to win it back. 2 sides to footy and pretty passing is only one of em

To be honest with you i think your wrong, the problem with our defence is its changing all the time because of injuries & whatever else. Seriously look at any team that has a good defensive record its the same back 4 week in week out. We've just not had that this season its been constant change every single match, and thats not good for defenders as they need to develop an understanding.

Look at the first half of last season our defense was brilliant and it was the same players week in week out. The problems all started when we lost defenders to injuries and whatever else. This year has been a joke though with our defence we've played what 15 games (including cup games) and we've had 3 different RB 4 different CB & 3 different LB. No wonder were being torn apart at the back, there just not getting the time together on the pitch to build that understanding.

Thanks Blue4ever!! You have just illustrated my point exactly.

Please bear with me I only joined in September, and only have 150 posts.

This means I am 13 and a rag.

bluedemo316 said:
I was really looking forward to this season after the players we have signed and the new owners, but alas its quickly turning into a race to 40 points and mid table safety again :( i dont see how we can push on up the table with the bunch of clowns in the defence we have in our squad they have let the midfield and attackers down big time this season, It is zapping the confidence of the midfield and attackers when they have to keep dropping back to support the defence. We are top scorers and the first team to score 20 goals in the prem but we also have one of the worse defences. Perhaps MH can sign some defenders and a goalkeeper in the january window?

I agree the defence needs sorting out

bluedemo316 said:
I was really looking forward to this season after the players we have signed and the new owners, but alas its quickly turning into a race to 40 points and mid table safety again :( i dont see how we can push on up the table with the bunch of clowns in the defence we have in our squad they have let the midfield and attackers down big time this season, It is zapping the confidence of the midfield and attackers when they have to keep dropping back to support the defence. We are top scorers and the first team to score 20 goals in the prem but we also have one of the worse defences. Perhaps MH can sign some defenders and a goalkeeper in the january window?
unbelievable.

I had a discussion with a mate about our defence last night,RD has been our player of the season for the last few seasons, no one can question his professionalism, however it says more about our side that a defender consistently receives this award, our defence has been a problem for a while not just this season, I think last season it was a problem also in the second half we were not scoring many goals and losing matches by solitary goals, ridiculous comical goals as well, and this has been the problem, the keeper too has become error prone, since Sven told Joe he would be the next England keeper for a decade his form has dipped badly, every time there is a corner you expect the opposition to score.

Newcastle alright we played shit but we still scored all 4 goals in my eyes, and up front we look capable of taking any teams apart and scoring lots of goals.
We need a world class keeper maybe 2 centre half’s in January and we can push on up the table, one or two simply are not good enough for where we are going.

One or two fans have unrealistic expectations though, the project at City is a massive one, “IT HAS NOT EVEN BEGUN” we have had one day in the transfer window and still managed to sign Robinho for £32 000 000,perspective is needed.

At the end of this season there will be the biggest clearout at City, it will be probably the biggest clearout in world football, then the big names will be arriving then the project will begin properly,I reckon next season we will be top 4 and challenging, this season I am realistic enough to know it will be hit and miss on equal par,.

Do you seriously think it will be that big? That we'll become unrecognisable?

I think it is largely dependant on the type of competitions we will be involved in next season i.e. the UEFA Cup or Champions League competition rather than simply the financial aspect of the deal. Surely they'll need to be sold on the ambition of the club and what they can achieve here.

It's alright having a stupidly big clear-out but we need to replace them with superior quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.